• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hooligans

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
It is no surprise that accidental damage insurance covers damage by cats and dogs but no mention of rabbits.
What is the most damage your bun has caused?As well as the usual telephone wires, plants etc our first bun, Phoenix completely fried the insides of a new £1000 computer by chewing through something essential.
And, yes, I do know all about protecting wires with tubing and making sure they aren't dangling anywhere but she just outwitted us from time to time - she was a FIEND in furry form for any wire. :roll:

PS2 wires, Wii wires and DS charger wire in one day, by one bun.

Our latest addition, sweet Aunt Sally has taken to a new project - shortening the legs on the chairs, she takes HUGE chunks out of the bottom of the legs, she's an avid wood chewer! :roll:

Several holes in sofas, carpets etc, countless wires! I even got an electric shock off my lawn mower when I didnt realise they had chewed and exposed bare wires! Ouch!

:lol: Naughty buns!
Over the last week, Homer has munched 2 patch cables, (wondered why my internet suddenly stopped working), a DS charger, a lamp cable, a piece of skirting and taken a large chunk out of the edging on my feature fireplace.
He's actually more destructive than my kids!

After waiting 4 weeks for delivery; on Thursday we finally received a lovely new cabinet to go in our hallway. After unpacking and admiring it we carefully moved it into place......

About an hour or so later I heard unusual noises coming from the hallway. I sneaked out to find Django sitting there contently taking a few chunks out of the corner of it. :shock::shock::shock: I fell to my knees with my head in my hands crying ooooohhh nooooo!!!!...... He then stopped what he was doing, casually hopped over to me (still chewing I might add), and nudged my head to see what my problem was.Grrrr.....

We are now trying to work how long it will take for him to pay back £200 out of his carrot fund. My little Angel :roll:

When Lottie was a house bun she chewed nothing! Only small things like xbox controller wires, and that was only if the OH had them trailing across the room :roll:

Ronnie eats everything!! Hes destroyed nearly everything in our house :? Hes eaten skirting boards, doors, under the sofa (we have recliners so he goes under :roll:) wall art on the wall (yes he stands on the back of the sofa to reach them) the coals on the fire, and even the paint off the kitchen wall :shock:

Lucy can vouch for this as she came round to mine recently and saw the damage :lol::roll::(

Lola has ruined the lounge carpet, which cost us over £500 and we've had it barely a year :( Shes dug all round the edges and pulled it up :(

Bunnies are expensive things! :lol: xXx

Well one of my buns chews anything paper, which is pretty standard, but his has nibbled away at a book that I have borrowed. Not sure what im going to say when I return it :oops:

Besides that, he also has a thing for those thin wires, desnt bother with normal ones.

He snipped my Wii sensor and a laptop mouse.

My other bun, Conrad is a complete angel :angel:

Daisy so far has severed the landline phone cable, chewed bits of the living room door, scratched the laminate floor in lots of places and is currently waging war on the sofa and cats' scratching post.

Oh yes, and she's definitely anti-literature too as she visciously attacks any books mummy is stupid enough to leave lying around :roll:

And she took a chunk out of o/h's bicycle tyre - he was not amused :shock:

Mine wasn't wires.

Sniffy (bridge bunny) jumped into a paint tray full of white masonry paint, ran straight into the kitchen where he stopped, momentarily, to flick as much as he could up the walls, ran up the hall and into the dining room (which was carpeted back then) and ran round and round the dining table hotly persued by me.

I can't believe I didn't take a photo, but as I had to wash him first before he tried to clean himself, it was well dried on the carpet and up the walls by the time I tried to clean it up - it was so funny afterwards and a great memory:lol::lol::lol:

Bunnie is pretty good and as far as I can remember all she has done is stolen some of the remote control buttons, teeth holes in waynes t-shirts and done a andrex puppy with the toilet roll all the way from the toilet, through the hallway and around the table in the front room:)

Back