• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wahhhh, fighting buns, damaged ear

I left my boys in separate pens today, and went inside for 15 mins

Looking out of the window, both were out of their pens and aggressively chasing each other

The garden had clumps of white fur

When I retrieved each one, I found theo was missing an incisor sized chunk out of the tip of his ear

He doesn't seem too bothered, and its not bleeding, but his boyish good looks have gone :cry:

I now know how the doting parent feels when their innocent little boy comes home with a black eye having fought with the local ruffians :cry: But what to do when your children go out of their way to get to each other and fight

Before I got rabbits I always thought that people that had unplanned bunny pregnancies were numpties, as they didn't secure their buns properly, I now know better - buns are escape artists

Oh I'm so sorry for your boys (and you too) - My 2 have had a few fights in the past and it's not nice.

Thankfully and touch wood they're fine now.

It might be worth just getting the vet to look at the cut ear, just in case.

Sorry if I am teaching my granny to suck eggs.

Hope they are o.k

xx

Yes not so long ago I watched Bamber climb on top of a tunnel and pull himself over the run fencing with his little arms so that he could go and have a scrap with Beige. I managed to dash out and seperate them both before any damage was done. Little monkeys.

Rabswood

When I'm cleaning the hutch out, Pipin will quite happily jump ontop of the hutch, and it's nearly 4' high... Pipin is a nethie cross so it's quite a huge jump for her.. :shock:

Hi, I know how it is with fighting buns as Billy and Gizmo had a couple of nasty spats when they were about 5 or 6 months old and the hormones kicked in! Billy had a bite on his neck and Gizmo had quite a deep wound on his leg that needed stitching.

I would suggest that you get any injury checked by the vet as buns are quite prone to infection.

Hope the buns are ok

I checked them over last night and this morning

they are fine - running around the pen, digging, happy as larry

I put their girlfs in with them to keep an eye on things ;)

Back