• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

concerned for linus just need a bit of advise pics

areia

Wise Old Thumper
the story of linus is somewhere here but he was one that donna gave to foster but needless to say he never made the rehoming page :oops:
to summerise he came to me with lots of bald patches sore hocks and me spending a few nights on the kitchen floor with him having to give this poor shy hunched up lil thing recovery

now hes a happy bun with a luving plump wife his teeth were done as they were quite bad
my worry is (im gonna book him in the vets monday ) when im booking beth for her spay
the bald patch along his back has come back again now i treated him for mites 6 months ago, he happy eating pretty much every thing in sight running around like a loon when out in the run drinkign and pooing absolutly fine nothing like when he arrived to me
im wondering is this teeth related, or sudden stress or something mini rexs can suffer with its not sore looking just bald, he loves the sun and bathes in it when its out which i felt helpt loads when he was healing, im thinking long terms i do like to send my buns for check ups im just not wanting to keep going back and forth if this is somthing i can do at home if you know what i mean, hes such a tiny bun im worried about all these dentals he may require if hes needs it i will get him done just at a bit of a loss to do in the long run,

Last edited:
Can you post a picture of the bald area ?

ok will try hes a constant mover :lol:

basically where its pale its bald

29w5rvp.jpg
[/IMG]

9bdq3b.jpg
[/IMG]

its a bit blury but the patch started as a small piece further down his back this happened in the summer wasnt sore so i left it and it started to grow back quite quickly, you may just see it has gone bald along a line and just between his ears but as i said it isnt sore though, ive just got him booked at the vet, just seeing what everyone thinks really

Last edited:
how is this caused? do you why is it related to dental

Mites can occur when a Bun is not able to groom themself very well (as is the case if they have Dental problems) or if they are 'run down' in some way.
Is the Doe the dominant Bun ?
Does Linus run under a low hutch that would rub along his back ?

not really its 50/50 if theres another bun around in the garden he sees it and get the lil man jealousy syndrome :lol: and chases and mounts her but other wise its pretty peacful
not in low hutch doulbe story though so he might catch on the floor as he goes down the ramp but hes tiny for a mini rex and shes a large lop

not really its 50/50 if theres another bun around in the garden he sees it and get the lil man jealousy syndrome :lol: and chases and mounts her but other wise its pretty peacful
not in low hutch doulbe story though so he might catch on the floor as he goes down the ramp but hes tiny for a mini rex and shes a large lop

Have a check around the ramp and see if there is a lot of fur. It could be that he is catching himself as he goes up. But if he's really tiny I'd think it unlikely :?

With cheyleitiella mites there is often a white 'dandruff' in the fur. Also, the fur comes away really easily if you gently pull a bit out. Some Rabbits get really itchy, some dont. I'd get him checked by a Vet as it appears that the problem isnt going away.

Good luck :)

another question then are mites catching to other buns as ive checked over frosty and being white not easy, but she seems very clean cannot see anything no flakes or loose fur, im aware fleas like to hop from host to host.

biggles has the dandruff but this seems only when hes moulting and being indoors he moults more than average about 4 times a year anyway,so i assumed it was part of the moulting as he didnt go bald, and has no dandruff inbetween moults,
i treated them all for mites when i did linus as precaution, but its not something id like to do reguarly as i find fleas and mites begin to get a resistant to treatments, obvioulsy i dont feel this for vaxinations though

When i got Vinnie from the RSPCA he had a bald patch in the same place I put it down to moulting as no scabby bits or anything within a few weeks all his fur grew back he looked lovely:) He has just started moulting again and he started moulting in the same place again

Back