• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thankyou RU'rs & Chloe - stasis

ecudc

Warren Veteran
Never had a bunny with stasis before but when I got home last night bonding had taken it's toll on honey & she qas quiet, sitting in a corner & refusing to eat. To late to book anything except an emergency vet I thought I would give some of the techniques I have read about on here. Chloe lent me a syring as my last was broken in a panacur accident (don't ask) and some recovery. Honey was treated to syringes of slightly warm recovery mix with some pinapple juice & some crushed bromelain powder + a small squirt of infacol, tummy rubs & chasing up and down the hall to get her moving.

about 2 hours later she started to move around on her own & then started to eat one of her treats. She also had some bananna. This morning she was back to her usual grumpy self, eating hay & her normal pellets.

If she hadn't have picked up I would have camped myself at the vets but I'm glad I got to try and sort her out myself.

So glad she's feeling better and back to being a grump! Who would have thought you'd miss her mardy moments?! :lol:

little madam is feeling well & truely ok. I persuaded toby to feed them this morning whilse I had a lie in after lack of sleep cause by honey. I then heard a "where is honey...she's not in here?" Quick search confirmed she was not in the pen. I found her downstairs. She'd jumped 3 ft out of the pen! At least I know she's pooping ok too, I found lots of golden poos all over downstairs as she refreshed herself with her space :roll:

Back