PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou RU'rs & Chloe - stasis

ecudc
30-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Never had a bunny with stasis before but when I got home last night bonding had taken it's toll on honey & she qas quiet, sitting in a corner & refusing to eat. To late to book anything except an emergency vet I thought I would give some of the techniques I have read about on here. Chloe lent me a syring as my last was broken in a panacur accident (don't ask) and some recovery. Honey was treated to syringes of slightly warm recovery mix with some pinapple juice & some crushed bromelain powder + a small squirt of infacol, tummy rubs & chasing up and down the hall to get her moving.

about 2 hours later she started to move around on her own & then started to eat one of her treats. She also had some bananna. This morning she was back to her usual grumpy self, eating hay & her normal pellets.

If she hadn't have picked up I would have camped myself at the vets but I'm glad I got to try and sort her out myself.

chloaster
31-01-2009, 01:32 AM
So glad she's feeling better and back to being a grump! Who would have thought you'd miss her mardy moments?! :lol:

Woodlouse
31-01-2009, 02:41 AM
Glad to hear she's ok Lucy :D x

Happy Hopping
31-01-2009, 05:28 AM
just in case there are any more stasis problem, this link to a rabbit medicine book can help

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=124510

ecudc
31-01-2009, 02:02 PM
little madam is feeling well & truely ok. I persuaded toby to feed them this morning whilse I had a lie in after lack of sleep cause by honey. I then heard a "where is honey...she's not in here?" Quick search confirmed she was not in the pen. I found her downstairs. She'd jumped 3 ft out of the pen! At least I know she's pooping ok too, I found lots of golden poos all over downstairs as she refreshed herself with her space :roll: