• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies on patio with no grass access

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hello

Does anyone grow their own bunny grass? My two are on the patio and one of them is always poking her nose through to try and get some grass. At the
moment I pick some and put it in their run but sometimes its not possible esp if the grass has been cut.

Interested in trying to grow some for them in pots, did try some bunny grass thing from the garden centre but it was rubbish!

Thanks
Suzanne

just get a tray or a few trays and line with ocmpost or mud from garden adn seed grass( you can buy in most garden centres jsut normal grass is fine then you cna put 2 trays in while 2 are growing etc so they always have a supply or put a run on the grass for them or let tehm have some free range time x

I get a couple of rolls of turf from a local garden center and cut to the size I want and swap them out when they are too nibbled.

I got turf from the garden centre too. Our garden has raised flowerbeds and the buns have one dedicated to grass (my neighbours think i am nuts!!). It costs about £2-£3 per roll. I have also got some seeds from the hay experts and am going to try and grow that in with the turf when it gets a bit warmer so i don't know if that will work yet :D

Back