• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unhappy bun

Bugs&Ebony

New Kit
I think my rabbit is unhappy :(

I rescued a 3 year old bunny back in october, and since then he has been very quiet just sits in one spot, hops to his litter tray and then back again. I knew nothing about him when i took him on he was practically dumped on me so i dont know how he was like before i got him. he has lots of toys and things to chew but doesnt seem interested. I knew that it would maybe take a while for him to settle in but nothing seems to have changed.
I got him a friend a month ago and she is the complete opposite to him she runs around and plays with everything like a loony,
Any ideas what i could do to make him happier?? :(

Does his girlfriend licks his fur? If so, in time he'll be a happy bun. You get hand feed him so bunny treats, greens, fruits to the little boy, that should improves your friendship w/ him

Maybe you should take him out of his cage and rub his tummy, give him FRESH vegetables and try and give him a exercise every day. That might help.:rabbit2:

aww how about giving him tunnels adn hidey holes prehaps he is just shy i assume thefreind hasnt made it worse tho(as in bullying him?) how about trying to stroke him more too and hand feeding treats to make him feel special is he an indoors bun? or outdoors it might be worth lett ing him have a go in the opposite enviroment ie he could be used to being in a garden for hours and love munching the grass adn isnt enjoying being in or used to be inside snuggled up but is now outside and wanting a warm?! x xx

We gave Bramble a tunnel, made from a bit of water pipe (other half works for the water board!), and gave him a box - he's a happy as larry! :lol:

I do think that maybe some bunnies are just like that. My Snowy is very quiet and doesn't do a lot. I've had him nearly 3 years and he still runs away from me and grunts at me sometimes when I go to touch him. He has cheered up a bit since I bonded him up with Buttons, who is a happy, lively, crazy bun but he's still quiet and grumpy most of the time.

Back