• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kitts teeth... help anyone?

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Kitt has always had problems with his molars - which get burred every few months, lately, however, he hasn't been having problems with them. Giving him his weekly check yesterday I noticed his front teeth are going a really funny colour. I have recently moved house and am planning on taking him to the vets, but I'm wondering if anyone can advise me what it could be before I go?

The only thing I can think of, as his diet hasn't changed at all, is the fact that he digs and bites at the bottom of his cage every now and then - he like pushes all the hay to one side and starts digging at the bottom of his cage and occasionally bites it

His diet consists of:- unlimited supply of hay, which is supplied in the morning and the night, a small handful of a&p pellets and 2 veges at night - usually cabbage and carrot or brocolli.

The edges of his teeth are going a brown colour which, if it was a humans mouth, you would assume that the teeth are rotting

290120092375.jpg

It looks like a progression of his Dental Disease. The incisors have a dysplastic appearance due to enamel loss. I suspect his molars will look the same.

Has the Vet considered extracting Kitts Incisors ?

It looks like a progression of his Dental Disease. The incisors have a dysplastic appearance due to enamel loss. I suspect his molars will look the same.

Has the Vet considered extracting Kitts Incisors ?
:oops: I'm a dummy but what does dysplastic mean?

i think it means discouloured i would suggest dental disease also.... alternativly no one in the house smokes around him do they? jsut it reminded me of the tarr that builds up on human teeth. i wonder also if vit d difficiency form being indoors(not sure if that can cause it!) but maybe get him outside or near more windows for natrual light... either way get the vet to find out if it is dental disease then it may be a case of the inscisors being removed to stop further problems? tho i guess that will depend on what the vet says xx

Back