• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gloucestershire 61 baby bun

chloaster

Warren Veteran
Last night I went out to find one of the baby buns from the G61 huddled in a corner cold and limp :( I brought her inside, gave her a small amount of infacol and two drops of metacam and syringe fed her which she ate quite happily - her tummy felt quite empty. I felt the trip to the vet would do her more harm than good and she seemed to perk up after being fed. I put her back with her mum and siblings with a snugglesafe and went out to her every few hours through the night to feed and finally we had poops too. I am happy to say she survived the night and we have been syringing through out the day and this evening she refused the syringe and ate some pellets and a few pieces of hay on her own. :D

She is still not 100% but making good progress. I will take her to the vet tomorrow as I am happy she will manage the journey now but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Oh bummocks, so many of these Gloucester rescues have been poorly :( I do hope Alice is doing ok :? Hope it was just a temporary thing with this little one and that she will be just fine from now on :)

Last night I went out to find one of the baby buns from the G61 huddled in a corner cold and limp :( I brought her inside, gave her a small amount of infacol and two drops of metacam and syringe fed her which she ate quite happily - her tummy felt quite empty. I felt the trip to the vet would do her more harm than good and she seemed to perk up after being fed. I put her back with her mum and siblings with a snugglesafe and went out to her every few hours through the night to feed and finally we had poops too. I am happy to say she survived the night and we have been syringing through out the day and this evening she refused the syringe and ate some pellets and a few pieces of hay on her own. :D

She is still not 100% but making good progress. I will take her to the vet tomorrow as I am happy she will manage the journey now but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh no!, sending loads of vibes and lots of prayers for this little one, hope she continues to pick up

hope she gets through the day ok. Let us know what the vet says. Thankyou for your help last night - I didn't nick the metacam I thought you'd need it more than me.

Sending ((((((((((vibes)))))))))) to wish bunny to return to full health. Sounds like you are doing a good job there with it.

Sadly the stress of all the moving hasn't helped a few of these buns. One of ARC's which was with Gisela developed slight diarrhoea just before going off to Gisela on Sunday morning and had to be put to sleep with renal failure. :(

Thanks for all your support guys! I rang the vet this morning and talked through how she had been and how she was now and she suggested not putting her through the stress of the journey as with how she is now there isn't a lot they would be able to give her over what she has already had. So she has spent today running around with her brothers and sisters and seemingly fit and well :D

Back