• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some PEOPLE!!!!! Grrrrrr!

Buuny_Friend

Mama Doe
I work in a vets and have been running Rabbit Week this week.

I have been wearing rabbit ears to help advertise it and this stupid man came in today and said "nice ears". I told him it was for National Rabbit Week and he said...

"Oh...are we having Rabbit stew?!?!" He then proceeded to talk to his wife about how he hasn't had rabbit stew for years.

Why oh WHY do people do this.

The funny thing is he expected me to laugh but I just glared at him! ;)

He was with in punching distance! The only reason I didn't is cos I didn't want to lose my job! :lol:

I know but it's honestly not worth lowering yourself to their pathetic standards anyway hun - must be soooooo funny to have a 'great' sense of humour like he has. NOT!!! :roll:

Next time put on a really concerned face and warn them that actually eating rabbit is very very dangerous as even wild rabbits can carry E.cuniculi and if this transfers to humans it can cause very serious infections of the nervous system.
Ok, so not really true but it will make you feel better :)

Rabbit stew :evil:
They always seem to think they're the first person to think of it too. Such comedians.

I advertised National Rabbit Week on Monday on our work Intranet. One of our drivers came to see me and said "Whats this National Rabbit Week. Does it mean you have to eat a rabbit pie a day" :evil:

Its so tiresome, and are they expecting you to laugh at thier wildly (un)hilarious joke?

Rabbit stew and a pair of warm gloves was the worst one, followed by laughter.

I wonder if they would find it funny if I suggest eating and wearing their beloved dog? Doubt it :x

Its so tiresome, and are they expecting you to laugh at thier wildly (un)hilarious joke?

Rabbit stew and a pair of warm gloves was the worst one, followed by laughter.

I wonder if they would find it funny if I suggest eating and wearing their beloved dog? Doubt it :x

Exactly!

this is what you are going to get more from the older generation, you have to learn to come up with a quick remark, i would of just said oooooo havent had ole man stew in ages and asked his wife if he still wanted him, im sure he would of been a bit peeved if you said you got the taste for dog stew while traveling in the far east, might of made him realise what he said, donna always amazes me on how she can keep her cool, and anyone else who runs rescues its all part of the course im afraid you will get it more and more in what you do

I'd have had to comment on his sophisticated sense of humour and asked if he wanted to try my famous dog curry :roll::lol:.

Back