• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly: Update, with a pic for her fans!! :-)

capel

Warren Veteran

Emily is very pleased with the state of milly's pad. There is no pus or inflammation, but I've to keep up with the daily hibiscrub and manuka honey dressings for another 7 days. Her weight is up from 4.350 to 4.485, so that's a positive sign. I'll be happier when she's back to her post op weight of 4.9-5.00 though:)
HOWEVER....................................................................
Her blood tests have been a bit alarming(to me anyway, although Emily went through it all and explained as far as she could what the numbers meant) She is very anaemic:
White Cell count 2.6
Haemoglobin 8.5
Red cell count 3.94
Platelets 20
There is, however, evidence of red cell regeneration.

Her Albumin, Creatin and Calcium levels are high at 40, 220, and 4.10 respectively.
Emily says that much of those figures can be explained by the presence of bacterial infection, which Milly has( abcess).
I'd love some thoughts about these figures.Jane, Liz..anyone? I can give you a further breakdown of the findings if you want, but didn't want to bore everyone with all the numbers! On a positive note, she tested negative for EC:D
I'll be taking her back next week for a weigh-in, and intend to have the blood tests redone in about 4-6 weeks time.

Last edited:
Aww, glad her paw is improving. Sounds like her blood results aren't showing anything "nasty", though I am no expert!

Give her a cuddle from me.:love::love:

Glad Milly's going in the right direction with her paw, sending her a really big cuddle & vibes to hope her blood tests are ok xxx

As I said on the phone I think your Vet's explanation is perfectly reasonable and that the abnormalities can be explained with reference to the chronic infection Milly has been fighting for some time. The fact that the anaemia is regenerative is optomistic.

More Milly pics please :wave:

Here you are,Jane!:D Here she is this evening giving Rog a blow by account of her visit to the vet, probably with loads of dramatic exaggeration!!:lol:
DSC00557.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

:love: Just caught up with her pics and story, she's lovely and vibes on their way for her continued improvement.

Back