• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Disabled bunny and some great news

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We are pleased to announce that after 6 months of trying to find the right bunny, Summer went on a blind date at the weekend and brought back a bunny friend :D:D

They have been in a bonding pen for the past few days and this afternoon we were able to move them into her dog crate.

Summers new husbun is Moses an elderly disabled rabbit who has been through a very hard time. Like Summer he is nearly 8 years old. At some point in time his front leg was broken and not fixed so he has real mobility problems. On top of that he is incontinent and his previous owners left him to get very matted and wet undeneath and then decided to cut it all off with scissors, taking most of his abdominal skin with it :shock: It also looks like he had a DIY castration at some point :( Underneth he is now covered in scar tissue that has spread across his genitals so he needs his little man bit physically pushed out everyday to stop it healing over. He has very sore hocks from his mobility problems so we have Flamazine cream on order and he is also on plenty of pain relief.

Our other main concern for him at the moment is that he has a very strange dewlap full of lumps and bumps. he had a thorough vet check yesterday and she was very concerned about them but unsure at there cause. I need to check them regularly to make sure they are not growing.

Moses is a wonderful laid back bunny and we feel very lucky to be able to offer him a forever home.

Meet Moses
HPIM1542.jpg

HPIM1522.jpg

The bonding process
HPIM1534.jpg

HPIM1532.jpg

HPIM1535.jpg

HPIM1541.jpg

AW! How adorable are they together! Poor guy to have been so awfully treated, but how lucky is he to come to you. What a lovely rest of his life he will have. They look so adorable together, really loved up.

I know I am biased but isn't he :love::love::love:

I didn't know what he looked like until Steve brought them both home. I don't think Moses has ever had the company of another bunny before, but he is so laid back he has taken it all in his stride :D

What a gorgeous bunny Liz. He has been in the wars hasn't he? Hoping he settles in well with Summer

You're not biaised at all Liz, because he is gorgeous!!!! Bless him, it makes me so happy that he's finally managed to find his retirement home & a lovely wifey too :love::love::love::love:

He is gorgeous :love: and they make a lovely couple. He sounds like he's been treated so very badly, poor baby. He must be a very special bun to go through all that and still be a laid back, friendly boy!

Awww I'm so pleased to see that Summer has a new boyfriend :) She looks very happy, especially in the last pic, her ears are all alert and interested:D

Fingers crossed that Moses' problems aren't as bad as you fear and they have a good period of quality time together :)

The story of Moses' life has got me quite tearful Liz. Well done for giving him a happy ever after.

They ARE a handsome couple! :love::love::love:

awwwwwww there's a tear in my eye - thank goodness they have found you and each other. they look very content. HOpe they have many happy years together
xxx:love:

Awww I'm so pleased to see that Summer has a new boyfriend :) She looks very happy, especially in the last pic, her ears are all alert and interested:D

Fingers crossed that Moses' problems aren't as bad as you fear and they have a good period of quality time together :)

Except for the lumps in his dewlap I have no worries about his overall health, he seems to manage really well :) Hopefully the lumps will come to nothing too :D:D

Back