• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed question?

Is she quite a big bun? I can't tell size from the photo's? Also how old is she in the pics?

Sorry about before I honestly thought my computer was on the blink :lol:

I think she's an English cross. From her structure and the size she looks to me, I'd say she's an English Cross. Very pretty bun! x

Is she quite a big bun? I can't tell size from the photo's? Also how old is she in the pics?

Sorry about before I honestly thought my computer was on the blink :lol:

Ive put another pic up next to me so its easier to see the size.. I guess shes averaged sized.. just a bit on the tubby side :lol:
She just turned 5 this month

Yeah I'd stick with her being an English Cross, probably a cross to a smaller breed, as her ears look quite ickle! She's lovely though! She's probably going to have a little bit more growing to do yet! x

Sorry for all the questions.. :D
I know it cant be certain but what sort of smaller breed would that be?

I really couldn't say. I'd hazard a guess at there not being any Dutch, Dwarf Lop or Lionhead in her, as these breeds have some dominant genes which would be expressed in their appearance. But I'm not 100% on what the cross would be. I'm fairly confident with the English being dominant in her, as she has the right structure and shape, also she has the correct placement of tell tale markings, but is obviously missing the dorsal strip.

Sorry, I can't be sure hun. x

It's ok, sorry I couldn't be more accurate! I'd treat her as a medium to large breed bunny essentially. But i know it's nice to know what breed they are! My Josie is a dwarf lop x dutch x lionhead... she looks a little funny!

i love the way shes looking in the mirror, deffinatly an english cross i would say with what it doesnt matter really she still loverly:love:

i love the way shes looking in the mirror, deffinatly an english cross i would say with what it doesnt matter really she still loverly:love:

Haha yeah, she does it alot. Just lays in the middle of the floor, admiring herself :lol:

maybe reallllllly nice to get her neutered and a widdle friend nudge nudge buns do love company

maybe reallllllly nice to get her neutered and a widdle friend nudge nudge buns do love company

She did have another rabbit.. but he passed away last August :( .. we were advised by our vet to not have another one because of her age and wouldnt be suited with a younger rabbit as shes very very dominant.. we tried looking for older and rescue rabbits but couldnt find one to suit, so we moved her indoors in late August, and now she owns the place :lol:

She did have another rabbit.. but he passed away last August :( .. we were advised by our vet to not have another one because of her age and wouldnt be suited with a younger rabbit as shes very very dominant.. we tried looking for older and rescue rabbits but couldnt find one to suit, so we moved her indoors in late August, and now she owns the place :lol:

I wouldn't be completely put off of having a look in to bonding her. You could always look in to a rescue bun and the rescue center could help you bond them. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that she could be bonded happily again. :D

Back