• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent Help!!! U/D: Eaten but now need Poo Vibes!

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
Toffee hasnt ate her food this morning and is just sat tightly up in the corner, if I touch her she makes a strange squeak/grunt sound. I tried to rub her stomach in case its bloat but she kept making the noises then started running round the room trying to hide which stressed her out.
What could be wrong?
Will be phoning the vets in a minute but just wanted some sort of advice please!!!!

Last edited:
She could be in pain, or could be in stasis....

Not much else you should do except get her to the vets! Good luck!!

Keep her in a warm place, but if she is being vocal when you try and touch her I would avoid trying to examine her and wait until she is at the vets. Could she have injured herself...

Shes booked in for 9:30.
Im so worried about her :(
What could of caused it? She ate her food and veg ok yesterday, nothing new that shes eaten!

Shes running round ok if I get too near her, but if I do touch her stomach area she makes that weird squeaking/grunting sound.

Sometimes stasis can occur for no apparent reason. I would just want her fully examined to make sure she has no injury that could be causing her pain. Make sure the vet checks her teeth too. Try not to worry, you have picked it up early and are doing the best thing by getting her to the vet!

OK thank you so much.
Shes about 8months old or so and hasnt been neutered yet but is vaccinated. Plannig to get her neutered in the next month or 2, it cant be anything to do with not being neutered could it? Oh and shes an indoor rabbit, shares her room with a rat cage and a guinea pig cage.

Just really stressed her out catching her to put her in the carrier :( She normally loves cuddles and being handled but had to chase her and grab her, am now covered in scratches and shes even more stressed :(
So worried!!!!!!

Good luck at the vets. xx I'm in the same boat with Bubbles this morning and am anxiously waiting for my 10am appt at the vets. :? :?

Hi,
I'm back! Vet did say possible bloat, said she doesnt feel too bad and her teeth were ok.
She had an injection of Metoclopramide and an injection of Baytril, and shes got to have 4mls of Baytril per 100mls of water daily in her bottle, and 0.4mls of Metoclopramide syringed twice daily.
Shes got a check up again Tuesday morning, but obviously been told to go back if theres no improvement and if she doesnt start eating within 24hours then she'll have to be anesthatised for a x-ray on her abdomen and they'll have a proper look in her mouth too while shes under.
Praying she'll be ok!!!!!

Just an update this morning, she has eaten 3/4 of her food from yesterday morning, aswell as a treat biscuit I put down, 2 bits of veg and some 'Herbs Plus' that I put out last night!
Still no poo or wee though so thats still worrying but shes now running round and back to normal so praying that starts flying out soon!!!

Back