• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bubbles please U/D post 25 home from dental

KarenM

Administrator
Staff member
I went out to feed the bunnies earlier and she came running upstairs as usual. I went off to get a clean litter tray and when I came back she'd gone back down into the run and just kept flopping down on to her side and stretching out, looking really uncomfortable. :(

I panicked and thought she was going to pass away there and then. :oops::cry: I've brought her in and she has eaten and done some big golden poos, but am going to ring the vet as soon as I get back from the school run.

Last edited:
No, she felt very cold and limp when I picked her up, that's why I brought her in. She's picked up now, and her ears are a little warm but I think that's from being inside - I've opened the windows and luckily hadn't got round to putting the heating on.

I'm hoping (not sure hoping is the right word) it's related to some slight molar spurs the vet saw a couple of wks ago. She said they weren't causing her trouble then, but I've been watching closely since and this is the first time I've noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Im glad she has picked up.Has the vet given you any pain relief for Bubbles?If not and it is her teeth i would ask for some.Good luck

I spoke too soon, she's just started flopping again and rolled right onto her back and just stayed there. I've got to take the kids to school in a minute, but it's going to be the longest school run of my life. :(:(

Thank you all. :love: I just came in and Bubbles was all sprawled out in the litter tray & I thought the worst. :shock: It's so unlike her to lay like that.

I've just rung the vet's and they are squeezing me in at 10. Luckily it's not the locum I'm seeing but the more rabbit savvy one too, so Bubbles will be in good hands.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime? She's had some veggies but I haven't seen her eat any hay and she feels warm. :? I just want my baby to be well again. :(

I have only just logged on again.I really hope Bubbles is going to be Ok.Sending mega healing vibes your way.

Thank you for the vibes. :love: I'm probably sounding like a right drama queen, but I lost my previous bunny after a GA for dental work and I've always been wondering since if I maybe didn't do enough for him. :(

The vet said Bubbles' molars do look a little sharp, so that's bound to be the problem but she also has a fever at the moment so he doesn't want to do the dental today. The op is booked for Monday - she's been given baytril and metacam, and I have more baytril to give her for the next few days. I also have some sachets of supreme science recovery to supplement her food because she's not eating as much as she should.

Oh Karen, poor Bubbles, sending her lots & lots of vibes to get well soon, hope her dental goes well next week xxx

Its understandable to be worried and It looks like your doing all you can to help Bubbles.Sending fever lowering vibes Bubbles way and fingers crosssed for Monday xxxxx

Thanks again. :love::love:

Bubbles has been munching on a little hay and has been drinking too so I can relax a little...... for now. I'm keeping her and Alfie indoors till after her op next week, so I've just brought in their 6x4 run from the garden to put them in. It takes up about half of my tiny living room, so dh will have a surprise when he gets home. :lol::lol: Alfie is being unusually loving towards Bubbles this morning and has been grooming her ears non-stop. :love::love:

She still seems quite bright, thank you for asking. :love: She was still nibbling hay last night when I went to bed and is tucking into some more now, but her poos are a bit small. :? I softened her pellets with water this morning but she wasn't interested and ate Alfie's hard pellets instead. :roll::lol:

I've just had to downgrade their accomodation to a smaller pen in the kitchen so that we can have the heating back on in the living room and it was quite an ordeal to actually herd her into it, so she's still full of life. :lol::lol: I just hope it continues until Monday morning.

Back