• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do rabbits like or hate car journeys ?

I might have to take my babies into london, from southampton

Do they freak out ? Or are they relaxed about travelling ?

Do you cover them up, or leave them in a cage where they can see everything that is going on ?

Some like it, some hate it.

I would take Totti and Brody 170 miles up north to see my Mum when her health deteriorated and she became housebound (she loved those 2 buns). I put them in a large pet carrier, stuck Classic FM on the radio and they were fine.

I've also taken part in bunnyruns where the buns have been perfectly happy as well. The most notable one was from Scotland to the South Coast. The carrier was a big ferplast type and was partially covered.

if its on a motorway Alvin isnt too fussed... and as soon as we get to the desination hes straight on his litter tray and exploring his new home for the week...

pearl has only travelled from the rescue we got her from and really doesnt seem to like travelling at all, but again as soon as shes out of the car shes hopping about like nothing happened :?

my buns are a bit like me with travel.. i hate it but soon forget the ordeal when i arrive :D

It all depends on how used to the car they get.When Barlie was poorly we went to the vets most days at first she hated the car then It didnt bother her at all

Mine like it. I do tend to cover mine up with a fleece.
most recent was the man with no name, who came from honeybunnys in leicester to me in Oldham. he was happy flopped in his carrier, in the back of Beth's car (it was dark though).

My other three came with me from Oldham to Hartlepool at Christmas. Again happy flops all round. I noticed that Charlie and Autumn were more comfortable than Sophie who was travelling alone (but she has also recently had her spay and still had staples in, so it could have been that)

Just remember plenty of Hay, and access to water. Also try herbs dipped in water to reduce dehydration.

i leave in carrieres but cover if sunlight is bright into the cage.. make sure plenty of ventalation and if journey over 1hr.30 i stop and give them a chance to hop and stretch across back seat of car and have a break from vibrations and have a drink of water(they wont drinnk or eat while moving or engine on. i regularly travel the gloucester to lodon route with my buns and they settle down and sleep mostly. they always get let out which ever we are going to when we get there for a good run and plenty of water(they get very thirsty in the car)
my older bun chelsea(11yrs) just has a carrot then lies down and has a nap she is so unfazed by yhte car its untrue! bless ehr none of my bunnys like bumpy roads tho so moterways aree often better than the twisting roads.x

Buster hates travelling in the car as the only time i take him in the car is to go to the vets :?

Some of mine enjoy them, some cope fine, and some get VERY angry, lol. I can guarantee that certain buns will trash their carrier by the end of the journey. I keep my car quite cool and the musci not too loud, and they seem to do fine. No one panics or gets distressed, some are just not pleased by it.

Back