• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Homebase website sell Rabbit hutches.

harpo

Warren Scout
I have just been looking on the homebase website and I came across a hutch they are selling for £99.99 It is 3ft high, 3ft 9in wide and 1ft 9in depth!!
Surely they can't be allowed to sell these? :shock::shock:

I have seen it before :evil:

Home base same the same stock as argos because i think they are the same company.

:shock::shock: Maybe it would be worth emailing them letting them know the reccommended hutch size :roll:

:censored: And for the same money you could buy a 6 ft x 2 x 2 one from the RSPCA.
I'll see if our Homebase has these - if so, they'll be getting a letter and my ripped up loyalty card like Tescos did when they sold teenie weenie hutches last year.

These companies have to realise that there is a choice out there and people can vote with their feet (and wallet).

:censored: And for the same money you could buy a 6 ft x 2 x 2 one from the RSPCA.
I'll see if our Homebase has these - if so, they'll be getting a letter and my ripped up loyalty card like Tescos did when they sold teenie weenie hutches last year.

These companies have to realise that there is a choice out there and people can vote with their feet (and wallet).

do the RSPCA sell hutches? I am after one for my buns when they are old enough to be seperated from the mum.

I have seen it before :evil:

Home base same the same stock as argos because i think they are the same company.

Yes....I have just seen the same small hutch on the Argos website, You can buy a 6ft by 4ft shed in wickes for £99.99, How can these companies sell such small hutches especially at those prices??

I have printed the recommended hutch sizes from the RWA and i'm sending it to Homebase and Argos.

do the RSPCA sell hutches? I am after one for my buns when they are old enough to be seperated from the mum.

Hi there.

Yes, the RSPCA do a good quality 6x2x2 hutch for £95. It comes flat packed and is screw together so that you can dismantle if you need to move etc.

I have a number of them and am very happy with them. You would need to add bolts and also I'd do a coat or three of extra preservative before you put the buns in it so you have less to do in the future.

They are T and G so better than most stupid ply hutches from pet shops.

My letter of complaint along with an RWA leaflet about the Animal Welfare Act and my cut up Spend & Save card is now on it's way to Homebase.

I saw something similar on sale in Do it All the other day and was close to going mental at them! I don't even think they should be allowed to sell anything for animals if they don't have staff qualified to give the correct advice out.

Back