• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Annie's just not right .. any ideas?

Pringle

Warren Veteran
:?:?.
Just went to feed the rabbits and Annie is just sitting their, she never went straight to the food like she normally does, i picked her up and felt her stomach etc, it feels ok, i dont know if she has poo'd as she is with Benji. She ran out into the run and on her little hut and i even went in the run end and picked her up no problem. She would normally run away from the run end as thats when she knows im really trying to catch her. Their is no obvious signs :?

Any ideas?

when any of mine appear like that i always assume they have a gassy belly... none of them would usually pause to run at me if there is food involved so i know its not usual. When i have had this i pick them up give them a tummy massage, if i have infacol or pineapple juice ive given the a bit of that or syringed a bit of water into their mouth if not, then massaged them again. If they still wont eat ive also mushed up a few pellets in water and syringed a bit of that too. So far (touch wood) when ive then gone in in the morning with food they have all run at me again so i dont know if it was nothing or if it was gassy belly that i caught in time. Hope both your bunnies are feeling better tomorrow

Thank you :).
She isnt grinding her teeth or anything like that. She had her teeth checked not that long ago and they were fine..
Thanks Becky, i hope Ronnie will be ok too.

Thanks Diddeen, I gave her a wee drop metoclopramide earlier assuming it was her tummy as cant think what else it could be. Will give her some infacol and see how she is :(.. xx

Thank you, her tummy feels quite bloated :( xx

To be honest I'd call a Vet. Unless certain that there is no blockage it really is best not to administer Metoclop'
If she is now feeling bloated she really needs Veterinary attention tonight. She certainly would benefit from pain relief.

Please dont administer anything but water by mouth from now on until a Vet has examined her.
Sending lots of vibes

xx

Thank you,
Just went out to check her, as was going to phone vet but when i went out she was in the run with Benji, i shouted on her and she came over to me, she then went running in her shed. When i tried to get her she ran away from me, before she was just sitting in the corner, i felt her tummy, she still feels a bit bloated but she seems a bit more active, i tried her with some veg but she didnt bother about it :?

Just went out again, shes running around daft, jumping on her step/ hut, eating hay, standing on her hind legs being nosey etc... i think shes ok :roll:!! Why do rabbits worry us so much!!!! :love:

Just went out again, shes running around daft, jumping on her step/ hut, eating hay, standing on her hind legs being nosey etc... i think shes ok :roll:!! Why do rabbits worry us so much!!!! :love:

Because they are bunnies and they can!!:roll::lol::lol:, really hope she is OK, please keep checking her

Back