• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC cube - questions

Hi
My hubbie is off to get 2 packs of NIC cubes tonight and I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer for me.

1. Do you NEED to secure them with cable ties or is that optional?
2. How sturdy are they? I mean Eric is quite a hefty big bottomed boy and I don;t want a shelf to collapse under the weight of him!

ALso anything I need to be aware of "safety wise"?

Thanks in advance

You will DEFO need cable ties - and plenty of them! Its not only secures them and makes them feel more stable but it also keeps them together as you are building. I SWEAR THEY'RE A LIFESAVER!!!

Lisa

Thank you - thought I had better check!!

And be prepared for how time-consuming they are to build cos you'll change your mind so many times as you are building, and second, you'll not be able to stop looking at it once its up. Id get some beers in too if i were you - that's how i got Stephen to help!

And be prepared for how time-consuming they are to build cos you'll change your mind so many times as you are building, and second, you'll not be able to stop looking at it once its up. Id get some beers in too if i were you - that's how i got Stephen to help!

Hi

Thanks for the tips!!! I think it should be straight forward (she hopes) as it only going in the shed, but going round 2 walls. I just want some different levesl for the boys!!.
I have to be careful though, as Eric loves to jump DOWN off things. He has no fear!
Are they straight forward enough to connect? Is it just the design that takes time?

OOOOHHH I'm so excited!!!

we havent used cable ties,ours is 6 high with 2 shelves and 5 long.We have 2 frenchies in ours and it is strong enough,the thing we found is to make sure you push the grids right into the black clips.

Back