• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caught claw

TeddyPatches

Warren Scout
Teddy must have caught his dew claw last night :( I was in the shower, I came back to find splatters of blood all over my bed! I panicked and rushed over to him to check him over and found the blood was dried but all around his front dew claw. I looked at it as best as I could and it looked fine. He was hopping around fine last night and didnt seem at all bothered by it.

This morning I checked him again and it all looks fine still, he is acting the same as normal getting up to mischief and doesn't appear to be in any discomfort. Should I just monitor it or does he need a vet trip? Is this common for buns to catch their claws, they were only clipped last week so they're definitely not too long.

It's quite common for them to catch their claws. I would just watch it if I were you, to monitor for signs of infection. If there are any signs then trundle him to the vets, but if not, he should be fine. Probably more of a shock for you than it was for him.

Back