• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur maths - help please!

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
:oops::oops::oops:

I am RUBBISH at maths! Can someone help me with dosages please?

Hunny 2.59kg
Mustard 2.06kg
Miffy 2.14kg
Nicholas 3.06kg
Pootle 1.44kg
Sally 3.57kg

I've got 6 packs of Panacur - vet said that would be enough?
PO6BF5ymUHyqNHk8lVja3f0bdQdt2.gif

:oops::oops::oops:

I am RUBBISH at maths! Can someone help me with dosages please?

Hunny 2.59kg
Mustard 2.06kg
Miffy 2.14kg
Nicholas 3.06kg
Pootle 1.44kg
Sally 3.57kg

I've got 6 packs of Panacur - vet said that would be enough?
PO6BF5ymUHyqNHk8lVja3f0bdQdt2.gif

which pannacur is it? rabbit ? dog or cat? and what suspension if it s the dog cat one...

Its Panacur Rabbit Oral Paste. It is in a syringe with 9 graduations, for the 9 day course. :wave:

ETA - Its says "Administer 1 syringe graduation per 2.5kg bodyweight daily for 9 consecutive days."

If it's the paste - the daily dose is one syringe graduation per 2.5kg bodyweight. :):)

So each daily dose is:

Hunny - 2 graduations
Mustard - 1 graduation
Miffy - 1 graduation
Nicholas - 2 graduations
Pootle - 1 graduation
Sally - 2 graduations

A syringe has 18 graduations, so one syringe is enough to treat two small buns for 9 days (eg. Mustard and Miffy).

Hope that makes sense. :D

If it's the paste - the daily dose is one syringe graduation per 2.5kg bodyweight. :):)

So each daily dose is:

Hunny - 2 graduations
Mustard - 1 graduation
Miffy - 1 graduation
Nicholas - 2 graduations
Pootle - 1 graduation
Sally - 2 graduations

A syringe has 18 graduations, so one syringe is enough to treat two small buns for 9 days (eg. Mustard and Miffy).

Hope that makes sense. :D

Thanks! This one you mean?
panacurrabbit.jpg

Sorry, one more question, do I have to syringe it into their mouths, if so, wouldn't that mean I'd risk cross contaminating bunnies? I have one bun here in quarantine (Sally), another foster who is alone, and 2 pairs. I'd be poking the same syringe into several buns mouths wouldn't I?

Can I squirt it into a sprig of broccoli and feed them separately? Would that work?:?

My two ate it off food fine. It was a lot easier than syringing it direct into their mouths anyway! Just be sure they eat the whole bit and another bunny doen't steal it form them!

I put mine in either a basil leaf or mint leaf and my buns take it fine :D:wave:

What i noticed with mine is they knew after a few days not to take the basil so i had to change to mint leaves and they didnt know :lol:

Thanks! This one you mean?
panacurrabbit.jpg

That's the one. :):) I worked out that you only need 4 1/2 packs. ;)

I syringe the paste onto a basil leaf and fold it up small so that each bun can eat it whole to avoid the problem of one bun getting both doses. :shock: :lol:

Last edited:
That's the one. :):) I worked out that you only need 4 1/2 packs. ;)

I syrign the aste onto a basil leaf and fold it up small so that each bun can eat it whole to avoid the problem of one bun getting both doses. :shock: :lol:

Thanks, we thought the vet gave us too much. 4 of the tubes are use by next month, the other 2 are for October, so I have an extra tube left over for any emergency waifs or strays I may end up taking in (like that would ever happen!). :roll::lol:

so I have an extra tube left over for any emergency waifs or strays I may end up taking in (like that would ever happen!). :roll::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I think that tube will be used long before October. :lol::lol:

Excuse my bad typing in my last post too btw. :oops:

Back