• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've never seen a bunny like it, has anyone?

SallyT

Young Bun
Hi

Got a new bunny last August and he's grown into a very big boy considering I thought he was a lionhead. Also his hair has grown, and grown. I've not seen anything like it before not can i find anything on web. Anyone seen one like this before? I have to groom him everyday but worry that he can't see where he's going, should I trim his mane? I'm in touch with the one of his brothers and he is just a normal lionhead.

Ah, I keep seem to add attachments...he's in my avatar..

yeah was about to say there is he angora. cos my lionhead was double maned but most of it has come out, it may be worth either clipping him yourself or taking him to the vets for it. i would try round his wee head anyway so he can see where he's going, he sounds gorgeous. any pics? :wave:

Hi

Got a new bunny last August and he's grown into a very big boy considering I thought he was a lionhead. Also his hair has grown, and grown. I've not seen anything like it before not can i find anything on web. Anyone seen one like this before? I have to groom him everyday but worry that he can't see where he's going, should I trim his mane? I'm in touch with the one of his brothers and he is just a normal lionhead.

Ah, I keep seem to add attachments...he's in my avatar..

Have you got any better pictures?, looks a lovely bunny

Apparently the size of lionheads varies a lot because they are a relatively new breed. I have one who is tiny (weighs less than 1kg). Don't know anything about how big they are meant to be but they are all beautiful!:love:
I guess your bun carries 'bigger' genes than his brother - he's very cute in your avatar anyway!

Hi looks just like my Milly. All of her litter mates were normal lionhead x rabbits...all single maned.... She just looked fluffier at the time as was just 5 months old (my avatar pic at that age)...then her fur carried on growing and she looks like dougal from the magic roundabout if I don't clip her. You can tell by her fur that she has cashmere in her, her fur is amazing and so soft. I put it out for the birds after grooming her as they use it in their nest. I know someone who uses it to spin :)

Back