• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New improved Website :D U/D made improvements

I posted in the guestbook :D

Thoughts on the website...I get asked to do this by friends all the time because I am quite nitpicky and have an eye for this sort of thing. I didn't look at every page but after a couple of minutes here are my thoughts...I hope they aren't too harsh :?

I very much like the...
-blue/blue
-general design
-layout
-distinction between the rabbits on the 'for adoption' page
-success storie page is short, to the point but very effective

I don't like...
-The serif fonts (ie Times New Roman )They are very hard to read - the first para on the welcome page is much clearer than the rest of the page. With fonts less is honestly more...look at the BBC and other major websites to see the difference...
-Some of the colours on the 'for adoption' page - some do not contrast very well with the background. Colours are different on computer monitors so that could be a reason, also people with eyesight problems/dyslexia etc would find some colours harder than others.

Hope that helps and sorry if I have answered honestly when it wasn't really wanted - I'm c**p at judging those things.

Emma

I really liked the layout and the colours!

Couple of negatives I noticed - there's a sentence that doesn't make sense on the first page (the one about hutches, needs splitting in to two smaller sentences) and on the rabbit care page the paragraphs are weird - halfway through a line it suddenly drops down to the next paragraph :?

Hope the new website works for you though! :)

looks really good, some of the photos though in the rehome page where a bit off the page, i love ruby, she is gorgeous. dear help her having two litters and only 10 months old, poor thing hardly got a chance to be a youngster herself.

hey looking good.. to be picky where you have the minimum sizes of hutches for 1 bun you put 5ftx2ft but havent put a height.. i would put 5x2x2 just to be extra picky!!!
also in care it might be worth saying that rabbits can be litter trained to make cleaning out easier and what the benifits of spey/neuters are....
also you could mention run sizes and types of mesh that are fox proof and bolts on hutches with locks being better.... a category on fox proofing! :)
and on indoor housing proofing

and possibly in sucess stories move tylers tribute to rainbow bridge as i think it spoils the happy feeling you are creating with sucsess storeis to have a sad ending one at the end.... however these are just my personal opinions x

i like the look and the lay out and it easy to navigate. i agree with posts above, especially readability and colours. In the housing section could you add links to places that sell hutches you recommend? including indoor options - NIC cubes, cages, puppy playpens etc

Thanks everyone, off to adjust :D

Ive been trying for ages to get the pics not to overlap on other stories... i think its just a lil screwed up :?
Will post when finished :)

Just made some new improvements.
Any more comments? Criticism welcome, if it helps to iron out any flaws in the site ;)

I like it, it is easy to use, very clear and covers a wide range of different aspects without being cluttered - constructive criticism would be that my first thought when I saw it was that the bunny at the top is out of focus, a clearer picture would give a better first impression. Honey and Ruby's photos are coming up squidged on my computer? Don't know if that's me or thee.

I like it, it is easy to use, very clear and covers a wide range of different aspects without being cluttered - constructive criticism would be that my first thought when I saw it was that the bunny at the top is out of focus, a clearer picture would give a better first impression. Honey and Ruby's photos are coming up squidged on my computer? Don't know if that's me or thee.

The pics do keep going weird for some reasons, but at the moment, if i type in the addy like a guest, it comes up fine for me :?
Anyone else having this problem?
Thanks for mentioning it though, its the one thing that has been constantly irritating me about my site- a fe days ago, the pics were overlapping in some places :?

Back