• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ok to leave in all day and night?

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Porky and Shadow go out in this usuallly from 7am-8pm,but they never want to come in at night,(they sleep in the shed at night) So i was thinking about leaving them out but cant make my mind up
000_0964.jpg

000_1020.jpg

000_1019.jpg

I keep it covered over all the time so it stays dry
000_1149.jpg

I wouldnt cos of Foxes. Having said that Foxes are about during the day so I guess if its secure and Fox-proof for day use it must be for night use too :?

xx

I wouldnt cos of Foxes

xx

Yes i was thinking that but ive never seen a fox round here and its very well made mesh inbetween two layers of wood,Ive seen other runs on here that rabbits get left in over night not half as good as this one
but i understand your thinking

I am sure they will be fine.
I would replace the top hook with a bolt.
Mine are always in their runs on a night:D

I wouldnt cos of Foxes. Having said that Foxes are about during the day so I guess if its secure and Fox-proof for day use it must be for night use too :?

xx

They have been out in it for those hours since sept when i got it,Ive honestly never seen a fox

I am sure they will be fine.
I would replace the top hook with a bolt.
Mine are always in their runs on a night:D

Yes i was thinking that although i never use the hook the wood has swelled a bit and i struggle to get it open:lol:

the run looks quite strong & heavy & is on concrete that can't be dug under. I'd say it would probably be fine but I would add a bolt where you have a hook & put one on both sides of the door.

the run looks quite strong & heavy & is on concrete that can't be dug under. I'd say it would probably be fine but I would add a bolt where you have a hook & put one on both sides of the door.

It is heavy took 4 people to move

I can't advise you but I would just say be soooo careful about foxes, we had never seen any around my friend's house, but one night her 3 bunnies were in their hutch, and the next morning there was only one :'(

But surely that means they shouldnt go out in the day then either?:?

I don't put mine out in the run unless I am there to watch them but I am paranoid about these things anyway. If it is fox proof it should be OK as long it couldn't be tipped over or moved.

I don't put mine out in the run unless I am there to watch them but I am paranoid about these things anyway. If it is fox proof it should be OK as long it couldn't be tipped over or moved.

Mine go out everyday its not fair to keep them in and they get angry espcially porky and shadow:lol: There is no way a fox could move that run it took 4 grown men to move its its solid:)

Mine go out everyday its not fair to keep them in and they get angry espcially porky and shadow:lol: There is no way a fox could move that run it took 4 grown men to move its its solid:)

I would put mine in the playhouse if I wasn't around but they are house buns anyway. Should be fine if it cant be moved.

Foxes will go for the mesh and work their way in through there, not just the wood. Mine stay in hutch/run combos all the time. I don't have foxes, and m ine are weather proofed, so if you think yours are safe from foxes and other potential predators then it should be fine, but I agree with the others about the hook.

Back