• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

french lops

willowholly

Mama Doe
B has just been to the vets and has lost weight again,going from 11lb to 9.5lb.Vet says she is not ill and that her weight is perfect but surely at that size she cant be a frenchie can she?She has the french lop long tail and massive ears.she looks all in all a french lop.What do you think?

barley.jpg

Hi
Does she feel boney (most noticable being a boney bum- Hip bones)
Also how old is she? A Frenchie will generally continue to put on weight until 18 months of age. My main concern is that relatively speaking that is quite a bit of weight to lose.
At that weight she is only a little short of the minimum show weight so it is possible that she is a Frenchie, albeit a smaller one! Sometimes if they are smaller as youngsters or from a big litter it can make a difference to their adult size.
HTH
Jessy

My frenchie is normally just under the 5kg mark, which is around 11lb - my vet was happy with her weight at her last check.

She looks like a frenchie :) My Lolly is around 6 months old and was weighed today, she weighs 3.7kg... so i guess shes big for her age :? xXx

She feels abit boney on back bone.I give her alot of veg to make her wee like cucumber when she has renal problems.Maybe i should give her more substancial veg.She has been approx 11lb since fully grown-she is 2.5years now.

if she is 2 1/2 then i dont think she is a frenchie:shock: all mine have far larger ears and feet and their bodies are much bigger.I reckon she is a dwarf.unless she is half a frenchie cross

Last edited:
My BB is 3.5yrs and a frenchie and has always weighed around the 5kg, which is normal for a frenchie.

Out of all my rabbits BB is the only one where I have always though she feels bonier along her backbone and shoulders - wonder if frenchies have a tendency to carry their body weight like that?

Back