• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new p@h hutches

I'm quite impressed with the new hutches. Much better than their last range.
Quality is still pretty poor though :?

Actually the quality of the previous range was good for the price.

I think Pets at Home have made real progress over the last year but i guess there will always be the haters out there who can't accept that :roll:

I was going to say I prefer a shed, but you have to accept that some people just don't have the space to keep a rabbit/s in a shed, have you seen the size of gardens in new builds lately?

I think I would prefer mine to have shelter, but a large space to be in outside than an even mix of indoor and out door. -10 didn't stop my rabbits sitting outside in their hay basket.

I think it is good that P@H is moving toward the bigger hutches, but until they remove the smaller ones and accept that some rabbits will be kept in the hutches for the rest of their lives it isn't the big step some people think it is.

I do think that some of their profits would be better spent on educating the public to the fact that rabbits are not ideal pets for youngsters, rather than increasing a poor range of hutches.

p.s. its not just p@h that make abismal hutches, there are plenty out there, just people don't complain enough!!

I was going to say I prefer a shed, but you have to accept that some people just don't have the space to keep a rabbit/s in a shed, have you seen the size of gardens in new builds lately?

I think I would prefer mine to have shelter, but a large space to be in outside than an even mix of indoor and out door. -10 didn't stop my rabbits sitting outside in their hay basket.

I think it is good that P@H is moving toward the bigger hutches, but until they remove the smaller ones and accept that some rabbits will be kept in the hutches for the rest of their lives it isn't the big step some people think it is.

I do think that some of their profits would be better spent on educating the public to the fact that rabbits are not ideal pets for youngsters, rather than increasing a poor range of hutches.

p.s. its not just p@h that make abismal hutches, there are plenty out there, just people don't complain enough!!

I don't think its even the fact that they make them thats the only bad thing - its the fact that no one tells new rabbit owners what size to aim for. I read a fair bit before I got Charlie and none of the things I read said a big hutch/lots of space. Even if pet shops wont stop selling them, they should at least care enough about the animals to say "get the biggest hutch you can", and advise people to stay away from the small ones.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2ft-6in-Hutch...14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

check out this too, this person makes to order and when I get paid I am ordering a 6ft x 3ft x 2ft one for my two blind bun's. He has quoted me £75 & £12 delivery! It is all ready made so ideal for people like me who's hubbys take forever to do anything! I know what people were saying here about not lining the pockets of people that make small hutches but I have been chatting to this person and he makes them for pet shops and he has been told by them the sizes are okay (i pointed them in the direction of the RSPCA website).

I do think that we need to educate pet shops rather just blaming everyone (if that makes sense!). Anyway, for the money I would have saved (this is easily £150 upwards anywhere else) means I will have enough to neuter one or two of the bun's straight away as well!

No its not cheap I paid the same for my happyhutch combo, but I think in terms of people just walking in p@h their reaction will (hopefully) be wow that's a bunny palace.

Back