• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of the P@H 7yr old boys

foofoo

Alpha Buck
This is the two dutch boys that came from the adoption centre :) Mowgli is the black one and fudge is the brown one. Decided to keep the names they were given :)

P1250127.jpg

P1250129.jpg

P1250136.jpg

P1250138.jpg

P1250148.jpg

Gorgeous buns. What's their story...I sems to have missed it. The bun in the first pic looks as though he may have some Nethie in him, or is it the camera angle?

Yes these are the two i saw :cry::cry:. They look SOOO happy compared to when they were in P@H!! well done for taking them i am so relieved ...phew xx

They are pretty boys :love: We adopted these boys from the p@h adoption centre because they're brothers and were split up (wasn't happy about that) because of a fight that they supposedly had. There's a thread in rabbit chat about it. We plan to have them neutered and try to re bond them if we can :) Then they will go to a friend until we can find them a permanent home.

ETA Think its just the camera angle making him look like a nethie, they're both dutch :)

Last edited:
Yes these are the two i saw :cry::cry:. They look SOOO happy compared to when they were in P@H!! well done for taking them i am so relieved ...phew xx

Thank you :) They're more settled today. I know i'm not able to keep them ( i wish i could) but at least i won't be worrying about where they might have ended up. They're lovely boys :D

Minimallow, thank you. Going to let them settle in and get some weight on them before their neuters so no rush!

ooooooooooo chocolate one looks just like carrie she has a gorgous shiny coat i think it depends on the colouring on some as doc and beth have lovery coats black and white, fawn and white but poor ole bigs is a grey his coat has never looked shiny felt nice and soft but never shiny :love::love:

We adopted these boys from the p@h adoption centre . We plan to have them neutered and try to re bond them if we can :) Then they will go to a friend until we can find them a permanent home.

Don't wish to be picky but if you have adopted them then surely you shouldn't then rehome them?
I know we all have different feelings about the PAH scheme but adoption is just that..adoption..

They are very handsome and I have a soft spot for Chocolate dutches :D

Can you answer my comment re your Adoption please?

This is quite an important point to all the rescues on here:D

Last edited:
Don't wish to be picky but if you have adopted them then surely you shouldn't then rehome them?
I know we all have different feelings about the PAH scheme but adoption is just that..adoption..

They are very handsome and I have a soft spot for Chocolate dutches :D

We were told be a member of staff that once we had signed the adoption papers the rabbits would legally be ours and that we couldn't bring them back! We did ask them if they had any health problems that were discovered after a check at our vets then where would we stand, the response to this was that once we sign the disclaimer then pets at home are not responsible for any health problems because they have been health checked in store. Basically once you get them out the door then their not interested. Not saying that's what happens in all these stores but this is what they told us in this store :(

In that case you need to complain about the procedure to their Head Office as this is not how the staff in their stores are meant to behave
I'm sure on the adoption form you've signed it states you are not to sell, pass on, dispose of the rabbits and if unable to care for them they must be returned to the store?:?

In that case you need to complain about the procedure to their Head Office as this is not how the staff in their stores are meant to behave
I'm sure on the adoption form you've signed it states you are not to sell, pass on, dispose of the rabbits and if unable to care for them they must be returned to the store?:?

This is true, it does state this on their form.

Sorry, it takes me a while to type :) I feel we are doing the right thing for these bunnies. There was no home check by this store, we were not asked where the rabbits would be housed, what we would be feeding them, or were told to house them indoors over winter. The guy was more interested in how much money we would be giving as a donation. If this was adoption for an actual rescue i would not re home them and if i couldn't look after them i would return them to the rescue. This company adds to the amount of rabbits in rescues. Maybe they shouldn't sell rabbits to whoever wants one because they're cute and just have a adoption centre instead if they weren't so interested in profit. I'm spending my own money to neuter these boys and have them vaccinated just they can be re homed to a good home.

ARC like many rescues allows people to adopt animals who are in their care, the agreement is that they have a list of responsibiliities which include providing vetinry treatment, food and water etc for the animal whilst they are in the person who has adopted thems care. ARC does also expect anyones whose conditions change and are no longer able to look after the animal to contact them and return the animal to ARC and not rehome them themselves.

To me someone adopting with the intention of rehoming one of our animals is not fulfilling the criteria of our adoption and I would expect them to return the animal to ARC.

I might sound harsh but to me it is unfair and stressful to any animal to rehome then and then rehome them again to someone else. Unnecessary stress can result in many stress related health issues which could be avoided if the animal was rehomed to a permananet home direct from the petshop

Back