• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you spend on hay?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Per month...

£40 on DustFreeHay - feeding hay
£11 on Pure Pastures Meadow - run hay
£8 on pet shop hay - hutch hay

It's £11 cheaper in the summer. How much do you spend on hay each month, and for how many bunnies? I only have two. Do you think I spend too much?

£28.00 for west wales timothy which probably lasts longer than a month.

£10.00 for treat hays.

For two bunnies.

wooaaahhhh, theres no way I could afford that! You should swap your dust free to local farm bales, making a saving of probably about 37 a month!

£50 a month but thats about to change drastically when i start getting farm hay by the bale, its soon gonna be no more that £5 :shock:

£0 for hay bales which i nick from stables, they're £2 each though
£9 Excel Herbage and Forage

I buy baled hay for £6 per bale which lasts over one month for 3 buns. (only 2 eat the hay though:roll:). That price includes delivery aswell:D.

£4 every month to feed six bunnies

:)

and thats when mine eat a full huge black bin full a day between 2 buns:shock:

I used to spend about £50, now I get through about a bale a month from the farm shop at £4 a go :)

Although I think that's about to go substantially up, my two foster buns eat more hay than I have ever seen bunnies eat before :shock:

im paying £6 a bale from the stables, which includes delivery too :D i love my suppliers, they deliver A&P to me for 30p ;)

I probably get through 2 bales a month, which are £2.50 a bale, and then i buy treat hay and readigrass... which probably costs me £20-£30 a month for 8 buns (i give foster buns this too) :) xXx

I pay about £5 per bale. The amount I use depends on the number of fosters I have here, but usually about 3 bales a month, so roughly £15 per month.

Bales of hay are £6 each and they go through 2-3 a month thats for bedding and eating however they are not eating so much of this now so i have been buying some expensive hay here and there, i just got burns green oat hay and they have gone mad for it but at £4 per kg they can only have a handful a day!

I buy 'really nice' (so nice that the vet commented today;) pet shop pre packed bales which last between 1.5 and 2 weeks as I obviously use more in the winter. They cost 4.79 each so about 10.00 a month. they don't seem keen on fancy hays which saves me a fortune :D

I would buy bales, but I have no storage except a black bin which only just holds my current hay amount.

Those who buy the bales where do you keep it and what do you keep it in? I keep my little bags of hay inside coz Im worried it would get damp and mouldy outside or worse get some house guests!

Back