• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two Female Rabbits humping

slimjim

New Kit
Hello,

I am a little confused to see my two female rabbits humping, i have already seen a vet when they got their jabs and he confirmed they were both female. That is why i am a little confused to see them humping.

Any answers anyone!!!!!!!!

Females hump to assert dominance.
Are they spayed? If not dont be surprised if they start building a nest and acting as if they are pregnant. Rabbits are induced ovulators and only ovulate in the presence of a Buck or if 'dominance humped'.

The girls may also squabble if neither agrees on who is to be top Bun.

Lola humped everything in site before she was speyed. She was one horny humpin bunny and it got quite embarassing!

It calmed down after she was speyed and then she started making a little nest but she has really calmed down after her spey.

I am sorry, I didnt reply to say thanks for the advice.

So thank you all.

The buns seem to have calmed down now.

Yes, it's dominance.
I urge you to them spayed, not just for their social happiness but also for medical reasons.
It's extremely common for un-spayed females to develop cancer if not sterilised :cry:

Back