• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits get jealous?

huppie

Mama Doe
Ok, strange question but do rabbits get jealous? I have had Huppie for longer than Rambaldi. Before Rambi arrived I had bonded very well with Huppie. Recently, what with the weather going above zero, I have been making a more concerted effort to bond with Rambi more than just a little stroke with food. Huppie goes bonkers when I do. When he licks me she thumps and nips him out of the way.

Could she be jealous or trying to keep me to herself? It sounds so silly but I can't think of another reason...

Thanks

Emma

Yup, they can be jealous. I have a boy who sees me as mine and gets veyr jealous and depressed when I 'cheat' on him with another bunny. I have yet to find a solution other than making sure they all get their own time with you, and also, don't flaunt your 'affair' with one in front of the other.

honey gets so jealous when i even talk to the guinea pigs!! she runs around ure feet.... and they MUST NOT get fed before her or i have one stropy madam!!!!:p

Think so here, too!

I had Barney for almost a year before bonding him to Amber, and as a result, Barney and myself became very close. When I have the two free ranging in the hall, Barney will spend ages just licking my forehead, and Amber makes her disapporval clear... Luckily, I don't think she sees herself as more 'dominant' than I am in any little order they've all worked out in their heads, because she settles for sulking. Recently though, she's become much more accepting and Barney, Amber & I are a bonded trio! :lol: Now, when they're out, and if I lie down, I'll have both of them licking my head and snuggling against me, which is cute.

Definately! Dudley flopped on my lap and Daisy gave me evil stares with her ears pointed forward she thumped 3 times before marching over and nipping Dudley on the bum till he moved :lol: I tried explaining I wasn't after her man but she didn't believe me! Whenever I stroke him she comes flying over and sticks her head in the way!

Definately. Lottie hates me paying any attention to George :( All i have to do if stoke him first and she immediately humps him!! :roll::? As soon as i go near their run/hutch she comes running over to get to me before George does, she hates him getting any fuss :( Bless him, hes so dopey he doesnt realise :lol::?

Ronnie is also the same - if i go near Lolly hes sitting there giving dead eye looks :lol:

xXx

Thank you all kindly...

That is a relief! I don't know whether to roll my eyes or use the luurve smiley...complex creatures bunnies are.

I will try and develop a method and one that doesn't use food - Huppie is quite a dominant bunny *sigh*

Emma

Back