• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help re bedding indoor cages please!

Kellyrich

Warren Scout
Hi im back again!

I just wondered what people put inside their indoor cages instead of shavings etc as i keep hearing these are dangerous!

I am having a nightmare trying to find something suitable and easy to get hold of! I decided to get them some fleece type blankets and put them in one end of their cages and a with their litter try and hay etc at the other end. But these are proving to be rubbish as they just get full of hay and poop and its so hard to get off these blankets and my washing machine and floor gets full of hay. Im changing them twice a day and getting a bit sick of cleaning them out and getting hay etc everywhere! Im still trying to litter train them but they are still pooping everywhere!

I have covered the floors of the cages with floor tile type things as these are easy to clean but i thought this might be a bit cold for them without any blankets or bedding etc, anybody any sugestions please?

What do you use?

Thanks a lot x

Hi
I use newsapaper to line the indoor cage. My bunny doesnt eat it, so Im ok for the ink poisoning concern. It also helped in litter training. I cut out the newspaper where he did a wee on it and put it into the litter tray. He got used to the smell being in that corner and now goes in it.
Some pople are weary of using newspaper, as some bunnys will eat it and the newspapers may have hazardous ink. However many local newspapers have environmentally safe ink. Althoug hmy vet, said it was fine with any type of newspaper as long its not glossy or any colour on it.
Hope you find something that works for you and your bunbun.:)

Back