• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gloucester appeal newspaper etc

bunlover

Warren Veteran
in addition to liz- hugos there who is doing a money colelction(via donations and a competition)
i am colelcting newspapers bin liners and any rabbity stuff that people think would be helpful for the gloucester 61 (and other rescue buns there) anything you want me to take to alices im going on sat this week so i would need to have the stuff here by friday.. i can colllect locally if any one wants me to take anything please reply to this thread or pm me xx

list of my thoughts were:
newspapers
bin liners
veg
treats
hay
litter trays
bowls/bottles
pannacur
old towels
straw(bedding)
pelleted food
syringes(unused)
donations of money to hugos there liz please

anythign else anyone can think off please feel free to donate!

Last edited:
I have a spare bale of hay, but I am no where near, if anyone is going past me (Oldham,) and going that way. I also have half a bag of A&P pellets too. If not, Elaine can have them when she drops Ears off.

Has someone local done an ad on things like freecycle, free ads etc??

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of us not local, not in a position to send money or go round and help with mucking out.

I have sent the letter in the past to rabbit food companies for Elaine, I am now sending it again for alice. I am posting it up here for others to send to those they feel may be in a position to help. Maybe local petshops, farms etc. Ill try and go a bit more local, but for now I am national with rabbit food manufacturers.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to highlight the work being done at Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue. The rescue cares for small animals that have been handed in by their previous owner, due to abuse, change in circumstances or abandoned, and brought in by a member of the public. This local rescue home is run by a one woman, from her own home. Whilst at the rescue, the animals are fed and cared for through one woman’s expert knowledge.
Alice has recently taken in 61 rabbits from a situation which was dire. The 61 rabbits are in the process of being removed from ONE house in Gloucestershire at the moment. This is being organised by Alice who runs a fantastic rabbit rescue. Once these bunnies have been taken in and assessed many will be moving to other rabbit rescues across the country.
In addition to taking care of the animals on a day to day basis, she ensures that the animals in her care receive veterinary care, which can be expensive. Before being rehomed all rabbits are given 2 vaccinations to reduce the risk of dying a long and painful death from Myxomatosis or VHD. In addition to this all animals are neutered to prevent more rabbits and guinea pigs coming into this vicious circle of animals ending up in rescue centres. As it costs around £80 per bunny to get this done you can begin to imagine the cost of this rescue. To make matters worse some of the rabbits are in mixed sex groups so 61 rabbits are going to multiply in the not to distant future. Over 33,000 pet rabbits were taken to rescue centres in 2000 - an increase of almost 30% on 1999 (Survey by The Rabbit Charity), since then it can only have increased.
This local rescue home is runs by a one woman, from her own home. She relies entirely on donations and good will to keep the centre running. This wonderful woman, and her fantastic bunnies would be most grateful if you could donate anything, be it hay and food, or a one off donation to the rescue itself. Please remember that rabbits have delicate stomachs, and the food they are given is often, what they are given for life.

Any donations can be sent directly to the rescue
Windwhistle Cottage,
Crowgate Lane,
Chaxhill,
Gloucestershire,
GL14 1QT
Thank You for you time in reading this, I look forward to your reply.

It does fit nicely onto an a4 page.

I would also add that donations could be sent direct to her vets but she would have to make it ok with the vets first:D

If anyone wants to bring stuff for Alice to me in Quedgeley Gloucester before this Sat 31st Jan, please pm me or contact bunlover to arrange time to call, as I have some stuff too, so will probably go with her on Sat when she comes down from London.-many thanks -Sue:wave:

Last edited:
Wohoo Success!!

From Burgess

We are trialling a scheme to help rescue centres but with centres for dogs initially. If this is a success we will then be rolling it out to cover other pets. In the meantime I will be very happy to send Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue a 10kg bag of Supa Rabbit Excel plus some Excel range leaflets and Rabbit Care Guides. I will send the above to the Rescue Centre at Windwhistle Cottage.

Kind regards
Consumer Care

From Wagg

Dear Louise,

Thank you for your email requesting donations for Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue. I am happy to inform you that we would like to help by providing 4 x 10kg bags of Wagg Optimum Rabbit which can either be used as food for the rescued rabbits, or as prizes in any fundraising activity taking place.

I will arrange for the bags to be sent out by our courier FedEx to the address that you gave me. They should be there early next week.

Kind regards

thats awsome lottie louise!!! well impressive im still collecting bits and pieces to take down on sat if anyone wants to donate! :) alice will be thrilled with that contribution!! well done u!! x

From Burgess

We are trialling a scheme to help rescue centres but with centres for dogs initially. If this is a success we will then be rolling it out to cover other pets. In the meantime I will be very happy to send Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue a 10kg bag of Supa Rabbit Excel plus some Excel range leaflets and Rabbit Care Guides. I will send the above to the Rescue Centre at Windwhistle Cottage.

Kind regards
Consumer Care

From Wagg

Dear Louise,

Thank you for your email requesting donations for Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue. I am happy to inform you that we would like to help by providing 4 x 10kg bags of Wagg Optimum Rabbit which can either be used as food for the rescued rabbits, or as prizes in any fundraising activity taking place.

I will arrange for the bags to be sent out by our courier FedEx to the address that you gave me. They should be there early next week.

Kind regards

That is amazing, well done :) Alice will be delighted:D:D

Is Alice planning any fundraising? I was just thinking of approaching companies for donations of products, but if nothing is planned then I will concentrate on rabbity stuff.

I really don't think Alice has the time to organise fundraisers as she has around 100 bunnies to look after at the moment. I'm sure she would be grateful for any rabbit related stuff you are able to get them :)

sent off to

Sainsburys
tesco
asda

Wilkinsons
focus
B&Q

pets at home
Rosewood (maker of the naturals range)

Last edited:
well done hun jsut another bump if anyone is loccal ish(within a reasonable say 45 min drive from me i will happily colelct stuff to take down!! or if you are in gloucester itself as i can pop by and collect on my way to the rescue? let me know. x

From Burgess

Kind regards
Consumer Care

From Wagg

Dear Louise,

Kind regards

Wow thats amazing, well done Louise :D

Back