• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I have a big sign over my head... Got her, pics added!

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
...saying "anyone in Stourbridge who doesn't want their bunnies call Carmen!" :shock::shock::shock:

I just popped in to my supplier (lovely little shop in Woolaston). She said "Carmen, can you help one of my customers, she is really elderly, and came in crying the other day, she cant get outside to her rabbit anymore, she is really frail, and needs someone to take the rabbit. I said I'd give her number to you" :shock:

All I know is the bun is fed on muesli and overweight. Julie (pet supplies lady) also says the bun is overweight, unsure of sex, vaccination or neuter status. Julie has been trying to get her to change over to pellets for years, but she feeds it ****. :(

I've tried calling, as I want to get the bun in time for my free (rabbit wk) checkups at the vet tomorrow morning. Cant get hold of them yet, but when I know more I'll let you know...

Last edited:
Everyone must turn to you because they know you'll after all these bunnies! Really hope you can help this poor bunster :D

Sorry this is totally off the point, but does she sell the **** food to her? if so, why does she stock it?

Hope the rabbit gets sorted x

I know how you feel, im like that with cats, i have lost count of the puddys i have rehomed or rescued, last week, the girl in the chemist told me about her 2 kittens she no longer wants :shock: i didnt even know her, it all started over my keyring :? and thats a tortoise :?

Last edited:
Sorry this is totally off the point, but does she sell the **** food to her? if so, why does she stock it?

Hope the rabbit gets sorted x

I've asked her that - she says she is phasing it out. There are only a few customers left that buy it, and she is urging them to change their ways. I've only ever seen 1 bag out at a time. :wave:

I know how you feel, im like that with cats, i have lost count of the puddys i have rehomed or rescued, last week, the girl in the chemist told me about her 2 kittens she no longer wants :shock: i didnt even know her, it all started over my keyring :? and thats a tortoise :?

This made me chuckle :lol:

I've asked her that - she says she is phasing it out. There are only a few customers left that buy it, and she is urging them to change their ways. I've only ever seen 1 bag out at a time. :wave:

Thats good then, I don't think I could sell that stuff but I guess it's better to change them over slowly than loose the business.

I've seen 6 cats and 8 rabbits and a rat through my front door in 12 months. I just think it's amazing how rescues do it. I dont advertise the fact that I am an animal nut, but people find out.

I'm still trying this lady, no answer on her phone. I've got to take Leo back to the hospital this afternoon, so I hope I get her soon. :roll:

Oh Carmen it's a good job there are people like you hun, poor bunny :cry: I know what you mean though - 3 of our buns are here because people thought we could because we like bunnies. Amber's a stray that my sister in law found in her garden (her neighbour had thrown her out! :evil:) & 2 unwanted children's pets :cry: We had all the intentions of taking them to our local rescue, but they didn't make it that far after they'd come through our front door :roll::D

Ok, I just spoke to this lady - her nerves are in complete shatters. She is very ill, she's had 5 nervous breakdowns in 2 years, she's lost a daughter, father, and her husband is disabled. She burst into tears at the thought of handing over Sally (the bunny), but knows its for the best.

I have to go over there in an hour (11.30), to collect the bun. They sound like a very sweet couple, and are heartbroken that they have to part with the bunny.

I'll post pics when i get back. Apparently she has a 6'x4' run and hutch, along with a cupboard to store her stuff. She loves playing and is very friendly, she eats mix and honeystix. :roll:

I've managed to talk the vets into taking a look at her along with the other 5 tomorrow too.

Ok, I just spoke to this lady - her nerves are in complete shatters. She is very ill, she's had 5 nervous breakdowns in 2 years, she's lost a daughter, father, and her husband is disabled. She burst into tears at the thought of handing over Sally (the bunny), but knows its for the best.

I have to go over there in an hour (11.30), to collect the bun. They sound like a very sweet couple, and are heartbroken that they have to part with the bunny.

I'll post pics when i get back. Apparently she has a 6'x4' run and hutch, along with a cupboard to store her stuff. She loves playing and is very friendly, she eats mix and honeystix. :roll:

I've managed to talk the vets into taking a look at her along with the other 5 tomorrow too.

It's great that you can help her :wave:

Good luck Carmen, poor lady sounds like she is doing the right thing. What a tough time she has had.

I know what you mean though, when I go out for Hay sometimes I get oh you take in Rabbits and Guinea Pigs don't you! Well yes but for a rescue so I can't always help individuals but try and put them in contact with someone who can.

Hope bunny is ok. Good luck with her!

Louise

So glad you've managed to speak with her Carmen, it must be heartbreaking for them to make the decision to give her up :cry:

Sorry guys, I had to get Leo to the hospital, and he reacted very aggressively to the sedation, so we were a little longer than planned. :roll:

She's a dutchie! A VERY, VERY fat dutchie. :(

She was living in a hutch smaller than a hamster cage - made by the husband. Oh, it had everything she needed (except space), she even has a snugglesafe heatpad. He said she wasn't neutered, he thought it was cruel. She is in his opinion, the perfect size for a rabbit too. :shock: Also, they didn't know if she was vaccinated, she might have been done by the breeder 6 years ago when they got her. :shock::roll: Plenty of love, plenty of ignorance - same old story. :(

I've had to remove the partition between sleeping and open area in my indoor hutch, as she is so fat she bashes her hips as she hops through. Her claws are on the long side as they didn't think she ought to be on the concrete in winter. I've started her on SS pellets mixed in with mix, she's wolfed them down and started eating the hutch! This lady needs a diet! :shock:

I've got her running around my kitchen this evening. She is mobile enough, but needs to stop and catch her breath after a while.
DSC01978.jpg

"I smell food!"
DSC01188.jpg

The pics dont do her size justice really, but see how small her feet are, all the weight bearing down on her hips must be immense. :(
DSC01195.jpg

And THIS is what she produced within an hour of being here... (its about 7cm long)
DSC01198.jpg
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Back