• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Check water bottles are working...

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Before fixing them to the cage,I filled Miffy and Vinnies water up yesterday morning,When i fed them last night i noticed none had gone out of the bottle which is not unusal as they drink mostly at night,But i got into to bed and one of them was rattling the bars on the pen again nothing new they both do this when drinking but it went on for a bit so i went in, it was Vinnie checked the bottle and nothing was comming out so i tipped the water into a bowl they were both drinking for ages,I feel terrible:( ive took the bottle off and filled a bowl up which is funny cause they have never drank from a bowl before,This is the second bottle to stopp working in a few days

good post! I have to check my bottles regularly anyway as my buns always seem to get their hair stuck around it to cause it to stop working.

I have to say my doe bun prefers to drink from a bowl however the buck just keeps tossing it everywhere so I stick to the bottles and sometimes put a bowl out on the grass during the day.

Yes good post I stopped using bottles as I had the opposite problem they tended to leak :( my buns seem to prefer a bowl though

When I first got Joey (in May 2005), it never occurred to me that some buns struggle with a bottle. I was 2-days-in before it clicked he needed a bowl. Nearly killed my new bun:shock: He still never uses one - but I have a million bowls & bottles about anyway:D

When I first got Joey (in May 2005), it never occurred to me that some buns struggle with a bottle. I was 2-days-in before it clicked he needed a bowl. Nearly killed my new bun:shock: He still never uses one - but I have a million bowls & bottles about anyway:D

My old vets nearly did the same to my Sh*tty :( I dropped her off in the morning for an op. with specific instructions to give her water in a bowl. Unfortunately the op. didn't go well so she needed an overnight stay. Luckily I demanded to visit her in the evening, and saw that they'd given her a bottle...so I filled up a bowl for her and she drank the whole lot :evil:

ive had a few bottles that have done this the buns let me know by rattling like hell i changed all mine to giant bottles its a lot better

Yep has happened to me in the past so they had no water overnight but it was a leson learnt as I always tap the ball now when I attach them. My rabbits have bowls now so they are safe anyway but guineas have to have a bottle, I give them 2 to be extra safe :oops:

g
I have to say my doe bun prefers to drink from a bowl however the buck just keeps tossing it everywhere so I stick to the bottles and sometimes put a bowl out on the grass during the day.

I have the identical problem!! I have to leave a bowl outside the cage, if its in there with them when there "locked up" (how horrible does that sound, hehe!) then it will be stepped in and thrown everywhere within approximatly 5 minutes.... hehe He always missed the litter tray and soakes the sheet :roll:eek:h and himself! :roll: Silly buns :)

its happened to me twice with peanut n jelly, n they are so thirsty you feel awful. they now have two bottles incase this happens!

x

Back