PDA

View Full Version : Appeal

Snowy
26-01-2009, 10:08 PM
I know this is in fundraising section but not everyone goes there, most of you know that Alice took in 61 bunnies last week, most have needed urgent vet treatment and is costing Alice a fortune, she runs her rescue on her own and she really needs the help, many thanks, you can find the details here
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164180

Bunnyaddict
26-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Bumping this up Theo for anyone who hasn't seen it already & donated :D

Snowy
26-01-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks, Alice really needs help

Happy Hopping
27-01-2009, 03:47 AM
Who's Alice? Is she a member? What's the name of this rescue center?

luvabun
27-01-2009, 04:52 AM
Who's Alice? Is she a member? What's the name of this rescue center?
Jason I think it's this one. I don't think she's a member on here but is extremely well regarded in the rabbity world :)

http://www.carrottopsrabbitrescue.org.uk/

KarenM
27-01-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it was Windwhistle Warren, because that's what Alice lists as her location in her profile:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=4250

:):):)

Justine
27-01-2009, 09:02 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it was Windwhistle Warren, because that's what Alice lists as her location in her profile:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=4250

:):):)

Yep thats right. It is Alice Camberlain in Gloucester. She is a member here.

Snowy
27-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Yep thats right. It is Alice Camberlain in Gloucester. She is a member here.

That's correct, Alice is a member on here her sign on is Alice Chamberlain and she runs Windwhistle Warren in Gloucester

Hugo's There
27-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Thank you for posting this Theo. We have raised 200 so far, but I know the vet bill is going to run into thousands for these bunnies.

bunlover
27-01-2009, 11:29 AM
its windlesham warren definatly not carrot tops x

Snowy
27-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Thank you for posting this Theo. We have raised 200 so far, but I know the vet bill is going to run into thousands for these bunnies.

That's OK, I know how much Alice is struggling and in in real desperate needs of funds and you are right the vets bill is enormous.

If anyone can help then please do, 61 rabbits were rescued by Alice,

Snowy
27-01-2009, 11:42 AM
its windlesham warren definatly not carrot tops x

It's Windwhistle Warren in Gloucester
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/rescue.asp?Rescue=155

raine
27-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Great post Theo. Can people still support the fundraising competition.

Additionally,Is there a way we can raise money, by phoning up some charities or wealthy people in GloucesterCheltenham.

Any Gloucester people on here, who could brainstorm with me. Im not familiar with the area. i.e. is there a large Tescos we could ask to do a collection outside of? Is there a pets at home? Any famous people in Cheltenham/Gloucester I can write too

http://www.visit-gloucestershire.co.uk/gloucestershire/citizens.html

How far is Highgrove from Alices?

Does the RWA give any donations?

Could we also highlight some of Alice's existing bunnies under rabbits in need. In case anyone searching for a bunny, they could consider one of hers. She already has some gorgeous bunnies in her rescue and, if they were offered homes, it would help too.

Hugo's There
27-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Yes the competition is open until feb 15th :D Also people who just want to donate can contact me.

I think it would be great if someone contacted the local P@H and asked if they could do a collection one weekend and have a trolly for people to put rabbit food and toys in :)

If anyone is able to do this I am happy to ring some stores but obviously cannot be there in person as much too far away

lottielouise
27-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Ill try and work some magic. Im Ill today, so will fire off some emails, and hope they will help. What is Alice and the buns in need of?? Has she got media coverage on this yet?

bunlover
27-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Yes the competition is open until feb 15th :D Also people who just want to donate can contact me.

I think it would be great if someone contacted the local P@H and asked if they could do a collection one weekend and have a trolly for people to put rabbit food and toys in :)

If anyone is able to do this I am happy to ring some stores but obviously cannot be there in person as much too far away

there is a store on the bristol road in glos (pah) and there are 2 large tescos.. and a large asda quedgeley and cattle market and town centre..... dont know if any would or wouldnt help...but it might b worth a try?
im down on this sat but cant garentee what time im arriving or what time am around from... try sam and niki think they both glos too.....

also was thinking the pah on bristol road may be willing to help i know several years back they allowed mum to take chelsea to sit on her lap in their store and visit the other bunnys so she wasnt lonely(when chelsea was bereved but we couldnt initially find a similar partner) and mum spoke to various owners to be about rabbit care as they came in (they thought her and chelsea were mad i think but were very nice to her....)

bunlover
27-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Ill try and work some magic. Im Ill today, so will fire off some emails, and hope they will help. What is Alice and the buns in need of?? Has she got media coverage on this yet?

the local glos paper..citezen is doing an article for them this week(mum organised it sdf76) so hopefully it wil be highlighted there.x

Hugo's There
27-01-2009, 12:42 PM

Thats great :D but I think it needs to be properly coordinated so that people aren't contacting the same companies

raine
27-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree Liz. Can we make sure we don't double up. Well done for everyone offering to do something.

I have written two letters today to Tescos at St. Oswalds Road Glos and Quedgeley, Glos asking if we can do a collection outside their stores.

Its as easy for me to send the same letter to P at H, because I only need to change the address on my Tescos letter. Again, what is the address for the nearest one to Alice. Does anyone already have a working relationship with the management at P at H in the area before I do?

lottielouise
27-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Ive sent to

willow warren
scratch and newton
wagg
Allen and page
Supreme (Science selective)
excel

Starlight
27-01-2009, 01:46 PM
When i did a charity stall, i wrote to Burns, and got a very generous donation - remember all those burn goodies i sold to raise funds on here? - leftovers of what didnt sell on the day, might be worth a go, i know how well they went down on here before, many missed out, im sure people would again buy them to raise much needed funds.

Becky's Bunnies
27-01-2009, 10:13 PM
will write to my pets at home filton bristol- who do i address the letter to, is it the store manager?.
x

Snowy
28-01-2009, 10:03 AM
will write to my pets at home filton bristol- who do i address the letter to, is it the store manager?.
x

Yes, you could try him and see what happens, thanks

lottielouise
29-01-2009, 04:30 PM
From Burgess

We are trialling a scheme to help rescue centres but with centres for dogs initially. If this is a success we will then be rolling it out to cover other pets. In the meantime I will be very happy to send Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue a 10kg bag of Supa Rabbit Excel plus some Excel range leaflets and Rabbit Care Guides. I will send the above to the Rescue Centre at Windwhistle Cottage.

Kind regards
Consumer Care

From Wagg

Dear Louise,

Thank you for your email requesting donations for Windwhistle Warren Rabbit Rescue. I am happy to inform you that we would like to help by providing 4 x 10kg bags of Wagg Optimum Rabbit which can either be used as food for the rescued rabbits, or as prizes in any fundraising activity taking place.

I will arrange for the bags to be sent out by our courier FedEx to the address that you gave me. They should be there early next week.

Kind regards

Please even if you are not local, fire a few e-mails off to people, takes no time at all, but please do not duplicate emails to companies already mentioned, as you will find that companies goodwill will quickly run out.

And remember to thanks those who reply, esp if they are sending something!!

Happy Hopping
02-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Bump
bump
bump. :D

Snowy
02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Thank you Jason, Alice is still in desperate need, so if you can help we would really appreciate it

Lspacehopper
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Thank you Jason, Alice is still in desperate need, so if you can help we would really appreciate it

I know this might be a long shot, but has anyone considered starting a Facebook group that people could join and perhaps donate by paypal or something?

Other people have done similar things.

louise and Gus
02-02-2009, 04:20 PM
That is a good idea!

lottielouise
02-02-2009, 04:49 PM
If anyone is more local then me you could contact asda and Sainsburys, both have replied from head office, saying to contact local stores. sorry I can be no more help than that :(