• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone please tell me what he's doing????!

Laurapaarl

Young Bun
Every night Archie runs to one corner and thumps for five minutes in the same spot in the house, He looks quite scared and very jumpy...
In know they do this to warn other rabbits of danger, But there aren't any other bunnies in the house, and nothings changed since we had him, and he never used to do it?
Any clues??
xxxx

Last edited:
:S

No
Hes definatly thumping, He sits frozen in one spot and looks very scared
and just thumps his two back feet very loudly, soound slike fruit falling off a tree :lol:

Is it around the time he gets fed? He could be demanding that, or just "summoning" you to him if he wants something

Ah right, thumping is a warning sign that they use for other bunnies. It may be that he is picking up an unfamiliar smell. When we first had Graham he used to stamp alot but doesnt do it very often anymore.

Im sure it is nothing to worry about! Just a funny bunny habit!

aww, bless him..
And no Its usually just any random time.. But you can tell when the crazy lil guy is going to do it because He suddenyl darts into THAT certain corner
Maybe because its near the radiator?
Im out of ideas :lol:

Last edited:
What bunniemum said and also he might be hearing something from your next door neighbours. Rabbits have VERY sensitive hearing.

I would let him see that you are not concerned, he's warning his big giant rabbit mummy :lol:, or distract him with treats ( healthy treats of course)

Strange noise neighbours/ or just not expecting a noise at that time is why ours do it.
Although we have a cupboard in sitting room where every now and then they both used to look up at it (human height) and thump to the point Winstons feet would bleed. We used to watch them follow someone through room with eyes, turned out when went to medium they were sensing a strange man visiting (a relative) they were picking up on the fact he used to shoot bunnies! Although he was just checking in when he comes to us now.

I don't think I've ever heard Frank thump, but there are certain things that Dulcie hears that she doesn't like. Low flying light aircraft and the road sweeper going past send her mental and she freezes on the spot looking very startled and thumps.

Maybe there is a certain thing that happens at the same time every day? A plane going over, vehicle going past, neighbour coming home and slamming a car door, the central heating switching on or even a certain TV program theme?

Is it possible that he needs to be neutered?
As they sometimes do it if they want to mate right?
I dont think he does it for my attention, Because he does it, and when i hug him he still does it:lol:
So im not sure...
xxxx

2 of my male (neutered) bunnies thump their feet - Thumper (rescue bun - wonder if that was why he got his name? :lol:) and Nibbles.

Nibbles sometimes thumps for 5 minutes at a time at about 11pm and then stops - not sure why?

Thumper doesn't do it very often but funnily enough he was doing it earlier today - all 3 buns (Thumper, Sweep and Merry) were upstairs in their hutch which is most unusual as they are always down in their run. Thumper was sat there thumping his feet. Then Sweep joined in - I have no idea why - then they just stopped.

How odd :roll: Funny Bunnies! :lol:

Back