• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a quick bun update

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: sadly i had to separate rosie and mowgli on friday night after 6years together :cry: rosie every year gets very hormonal even though she is spayed, but on friday she was worse then ever i thought last year was the worst it went on for 3months, its hard for mowgli now not knowing where to run hide or what to do because he cannot see anything, she was tormenting him and nipping when they both locked together with teeth got each other down on there sides and kicking like mad in a proper horrid fiight :shock::cry:

then mowgli did the horrid scream i never wanted to hear a rabbit do i grabbed him and grabbed rosie mouth to get her teeth off him, both shaking, when he screamed so did me and my sister, i thought he was about to die :cry:

for now rosie is in the living room and mowgli in my bedroom, i let her see him everynow and then but in separte areas she still tries to nip and bite him thru bars:cry:

everntually if she does calm down i want to try and reunite them, but mum is scared and keeps saying not to its not worth it she scared rosie may kill mowgli:cry:

lisa

Sorry to read that 6 years is a long time together. Bless them both. I don't envy you deciding what to do. Poor Mowgli and Rosie.

So sorry to hear this poor Mowgil hopes he is OK. I agree with your mum I don't think I could put them back together after that. :(

that's awful.

I wonder if when she was originally spayed they didn't remove the ovaries and uterus. This still enables them to be so hormonal.

I think it's getting to that time of the year. Two of mine who are normally so loved up have been chasing and fur pulling recently. :?

that's awful.

I wonder if when she was originally spayed they didn't remove the ovaries and uterus. This still enables them to be so hormonal.

I think it's getting to that time of the year. Two of mine who are normally so loved up have been chasing and fur pulling recently. :?

my pairs are playing up too. definatly must be something in the air :? its getting me really stressed and upset.:(

yep it's that difficult time of year again..bondings will start to be fun:shock:

Re Rosie and Mowgli..it's such a shame
Have you a way of keep iogn them next to each other..so they can still see and smell each other..lie with wire in between but cannot fight?
Would give them bunny company until you can re bond

that's awful.

thats what i thought, id be upset if i found out they hadnt removed both :(
at the moment i only let them near each other for few hours as rosie never keeps still, and wouldnt realise shes wearing herself out

lisa

Hi :wave:

So sorry to hear that your bunnies (and you) are having a tough time.

One of my pairs are too - Sooty and Syrup have been happily married for 18 months but Sooty has been very poorly - he is now (fingers crossed) on the mend, and Syrup had been looking after him. But this weekend they had a massive fight - locked on and fur everywhere :shock:

I have had to split them up too, and now I have 2 lonely singles :cry:

My trio at least seem to have calmed down after having an interesting time of it lately.

Perhaps there is something in the air.

Sorry Rosie and Mowgli have had to be separated. :( That must have been very stressful and upsetting for you to witness - I'd have been in a right state too.

At least if they are apart just now, you'll have peace of mind that Mowgli will be safe. Hope things improve maybe once Rosie has calmed down.

oh Lisa, can you not have Rosie and Mo next to one another but separate, least that way they can see one another.

Sending you hugs

did i understnad that he has gone blind recently(sorry if iv completly got the wrong air of buns!) if thats the case it could be that she is reacting this way because she sees him as ill and has turned on him because of this :( occasionally it does happen :( hope they can be rebonded but if not i wonder if you could get 2 pairs?x

Back