• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered buns

Hi, I bought a new buns off someone last week and the ad said he has been neutered. My stepgran used to keep rabbits and checked him over and said he definitely had nothing there but he wont stop humping my other buns! Im so so scared he will get her pregnant! Any advise?

If you've just introduced them, and he is definatly neutered, they'll be sorting out who's dominant

If he was neutered in the last 6 weeks - your does could get pregnant or if he wasn't neutered, they probably already will be. A vet should be able to confirm for you in a boy. If bun is humping it could be dominance like Steph says

:wave: I think that for up to about 6 weeks after neutering, the male can still have some "little swimmers". Do you know when he was done? If your female has been spayed it won't be a problem though. Is he vaccinated? It's best to quarantine a new bun for a few weeks incase they're hiding an illness/infection that can be passed on to other buns.

he was done when he was a baby and both have had their vaccinations. He is just 12 months old and has never been around another buns even though he has had 5 different owners including me :( He was really badly treated as a baby including being fed opal fruits!! So I wander if it is just an attention thing :roll:

:wave: It must just be them sorting out the pecking order then! There's loads of pages on here (in behaviour and bonding) that'll tell you what's the "norm" when bonding bunnies and what to look out for. btw how old are you? Haven't heard anyone call those sweeties opal fruits in years :shock: (you've got me thinking back now :lol:)

Back