• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

long vet list! U/D after the vets

sunnibunny

Alpha Buck
oh my little rabbit has quite a vet trip today after i get home from work!

He has to be checked for his back teeth, a month since his dental surgery to see if his teeth are ok now.
He has to be sexed properly, as have found that bunny is not a she! explains a few things of behaviour!
A check up on his upper respiratory problem ever since we got him from P@H (many months ago).
A vaccination injection.
An appointment for his neutering.
And now, last night, he got live white small and thin worms in his poo!

With all this in mind, he is an active and very happy chappy bunny!

Last edited:
Bunnies are very much like that (or rather, some of them are). It;'s good your bunny has such a good owner that takes him to the vets though, because some owners don't bother. Not the owners on here though :D

For the pinworms, a round of Panacur will sort them, but you will need to scrub down and change the area regularly otherwise you will just get reinfection.

Sounds a bit random, but my friend had a bunny from p@h who was ill within about a day of being at home, sadly the vets couldn't help (some internal organ problem, can't quite remember) but after telling p@h they agreed to refund and pay all vet charges upfront. Maybe you could get some money of p@h to help cover the costs as it sounds like they've caused some of the issues (sexing him wrong is a bit unforgivable). A bit of shot in the dark maybe but could help with past/future vet fees?

P@H did pay for a number of vet bills, but the respiratoy problem is ongoing now. So I have taken it as my responsibility really and view it as separate.

Well, bunny is officially a male now! And his snip operation is on 4th feb!
His teeth are doing really well, the vet was very hapy with the progress. I just reduced the nuggets to 10g after I got home from work, so therefore would be hungry during the day and make him eat hay for sure. and only gave veg as a treat so not get full up on that rather than hay. The vet reall liked my diet plan.

The worms are getting sorted now, bunny is on Drontal which is much bettter than Panacur which is ineffective to this type of worm apparently. Bunny had the Tape worm speci or aka the Pin worm. Apparently these are in the fur when he was younger at the pet shop, and so when he groomed his fur, therefore injested the eggs and allowed to infest.

saw bunny's extra eyelid..which was cool and weird! got claw trimmed and ears checked too!We got a whole check up as its part of rabbit national week and some free excel nuggets.

His sneezing is still there, so taking a snot sample and it will go to the Lab to make sure of what is growing there to make him sneeze so much as no medication is doin anything so far.

Just so you know, P@H are doing rabbit national week and you can get free nugget food and cute bunny stickers! theyre so cute!

Drontal may work well, but pin worms and tape worms are very different.

I hope it works though :)

Back