• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H bonded pair UPDATE

foofoo

Alpha Buck
I posted a thread a while ago about two bonded 7yr old males in the adoption centre, i was worried they would split up this pair, they said they wouldn't and they did :roll: The apparent reason for splitting them up was they had a major fight ( nether boys are neutered) so they decided to home them as singles. One member of staff told us that the fighting was so bad that there was blood sprayed on the walls then a minute later my boyfriend asked what their injuries were and the same guy said they had no injuries :roll: Two different members of staff told different stories about this fight one saying they stopped the fight before it happened. We adopted these boys today and they're in separate cages beside each other and not being aggressive towards each other, they're very skinny and both a bit snuffly. We were not told to keep these bunnies inside over winter or given any information unless we asked and even then mostly they didn't know. I now have no faith in the adoption system there or this company whatsoever. The buns are eating well and settling in :) Feel so sad about the whole thing.

I've had a bad experience with p@h adoption too, I adopted Phoebe & they signed a contract that stated she was free from any infirmity or deformity, turns out she's a dental bun & they refused to contribute towards her treatment, the only option they offered me was to bring her back for a refund :roll: They really are useless.
Congratulations on your new buns :wave:

Sorry to hear about phoebe, they can be so uncaring. Sadly we will only be looking after these boys for about 3-4 wks and until they have recovered from being neutered then they will stay with a friend nearby and be up for re homing through a rescue, we're unable to keep them even though I'd really love to! We now have 5 rabbits indoors because archie the outdoor bun is poorly (he's a dental bun). Fingers crossed that both neuters go well and we can re bond
these boys :D

Sorry to hear about phoebe, they can be so uncaring. Sadly we will only be looking after these boys for about 3-4 wks and until they have recovered from being neutered then they will stay with a friend nearby and be up for re homing through a rescue, we're unable to keep them even though I'd really love to! We now have 5 rabbits indoors because archie the outdoor bun is poorly (he's a dental bun). Fingers crossed that both neuters go well and we can re bond
these boys :D

Good luck with the neuters/re bond/re homing :wave:

The last time we went in we were looking for a neutured male g.pig and they had one there but one member of staff said yes he may be neutured but unsure. I asked if they could ring up the rescue where he was from to check but she said they probably wouldn't know?!! Then asked another member of staff who said no he definatly isn't neutured. So sadly we left him but i mean they should really know what animals they have and "some" (not all) staff need a bit more training on customer service (i will be honest its only this one woman we have problems with....)

I'm glad you managed to get them and sort out a place for them to stay :)
I hope their ops go well and that they re bond ok.

I really don't like the adoption scheme either. They take in buns, often with special needs, but don't make sure the new owners are knowledgable and that they are going to be given the care that they need :(

Are these the two in the Dundee one?, i saw them both to and wondered why they were both 7 and in different tanks! so glad you have them now!! poor wee things, have you tried puting them together? xx

I am soooooooooo glad you managed to get them. That particular store is not the best on the knowledge about their animals side. If you get a chance, pics would be great :)

Are these the two in the Dundee one?, i saw them both to and wondered why they were both 7 and in different tanks! so glad you have them now!! poor wee things, have you tried puting them together? xx

Thanks everyone! Yes the ones from dundee :) We had them together yesterday for a few minutes, mowgli humped fudge a lot but then started giving him a bite so we separated them and will try them again after they've been neutered. They both copy each other a lot :) A member of staff at the store told us that the lady that brought them in was very upset that they had split them up. They are lovely boys and really deserve a nice home ( hopefully back together) at their age. Will post some pics of them soon :D

Thats brilliant, when i saw them in the shop they didnt look right at all :(. Looked very depressed and lonely, its so good to know they have gone to a good home!! xx

I was in the Elgin store a few weeks ago and eavesdropped on a member of staff giving a customer some information before she took her bunny away.

I was pleased to hear the staff member telling them to have the bun vaccinated and that neutering was a good idea as it stopped problems with spraying in males and cancer in females. She also said they should have lots of hay and not a lot of pellets and plenty of exercise.

I think the Elgin store has a lot of folk in it that seem to have direct knowledge and experience of having rabbits which is good.

PAH stores vary depending on the staff there

If these boys have been seperate a while..it may be better to get them a wife each..re bonding older males doesn't always go well:?
Hopefully the rescue you have got lined up to take them will sort this out.

If the re bonding doesn't go well with these boys then hopefully they will be bonded with females instead. We will be very careful not to push for them to be re bonded if they do keep fighting. They may also have health issues, both are wheezy one more than the other so we have anti-biotics to try and they're aren't on wood shaving now so maybe this will help. They do look old compared to my own dutch boy of a similar age. They are lovely boys though :)

Back