• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Science Recovery

raine

Warren Veteran
Daisy is eating this herself and its helping her. I note on the box, it says 1 - 2 packets. Do people think, you can feed this as required, or would there be harm in giving three packets.

If she is prepared to eat it I would let her, the more she can eat at the moment the better. Have you tried wet SS as well that is quite easy to eat for poorly buns.

I'd have thought it would be fine, in essence it's not hugely different from the dust from a bag of science selective. The 1-2 sachet is based on a 2.5kg bunny as well so I don't think it's a big deal to feed more than 2 to Daisy. Even if it's not terribly "good for" her, my feeling would be that on balance, it's better to have her eating as much of this as she will take in the short term, than to not eat. In their FAQ, which are pretty good, it also suggests just crushing some SS, so you could try mixing some 'dust' from a normal bag of SS in with it, to balance out the nutrition a bit.

http://www.supremepetfoods.com/science_recovery.php

Hope Daisy is ok xxx

Thats helpful, Ill give her another one. Is the recovery just the equivalent of wet pellets? I thought it had more fibre in it. Ive got critical care too. Would this be better? She wont eat hay because its uncomfortable for her, but has managed some soft grass today and some pellets.

Sorry dont know the answer to the question, however

Critical care is made by Oxbow and smells a bit like the bunny basics T Its fibre content is about 25% Science recovery is made by Supreme which makes SS, the fibre content of both the recovery and SS is failry similiar.
If Daisy is a SS girl I do what Alison suggests and would consider mixing some bits of SS with the science recovery and see if she can manage that. You may be able to wean her on to some moist pellets which will mean her diet remains more constant.

Back