• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you give veg/fruit?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Bascially th auestion is in the title :D plus what veg/fruit do you give em and what is safe to give them eveyday.

I used to give them it everyday until they decided to love hay so gorged themselves on that instead!
No i give it to them when they finish it which is every 2-3 days :)

I give veggies everyday but they only have fruit once in a blue moon, maybe once a month if that.

Mine have it every day, they get a few savoy cabbage leaves between them (it is usually spring greens, when you can get them!) they also have about 1/4 carrot daily and half a celery stick each. I've got a parsley plant at the moment so they get some of that too, when I remember. I think they would get in a serious strop if they didn't get bedtime veggies :)

- they very rarely get fruit, Jess normally rolls it around the floor for a bit before deciding its "safe to eat" :lol:

Mine get a small bit of fruit as a daily or every other day treat. If we have basil and parsely around, which they all love, they get that instead of fruit, and they get more of it.

Mine have vegetables or "leaves" every day. They will get fruit once or twice a week in smaller quantities - fed more as a treat and is dependant on what I'm eating etc.

Hannah

Mine have a little something every day, celery, cumcumber, cabbage, spring onion, pealings from veg that we have had, carrots and they have apples and bannana now and again.

Mine has veg everyday. I give fruit and carrot as a treat every now and then. I usually give broccoli, cucumber, peppers and cauliflower.

All my bunnies get veg every day :) They generally get 4 or 5 different things, i give about 1 cup full per bunny :) The bigger buns get more :)

They normally get a variety of savoy, spring greens, cucumber, peppers, cauli leaves, celery, mixed herbs, romaine lettuce, grated carrot, broccoli, mangetout. They get fruit probably once or twice a week, and its normally only an apple divided into 8, or a small banana divided into 8, so they literally get a 1cm piece each :) They always gobble down the banana :lol: Sometimes when we have grapes, they have 1 or 2 each :)

Mine gets mostly daily, sometimes every second day. He usually gets herbs; parsely, corriander and mint primarily. Also spring greens, kale, cauliflower stems and leaves, broccoli stems and leaves and the ocassional half a carrot. Never fruit really.
Sammy eats loads of hay and gets a small amount of pellets daily too:)

Mine get veg every day. They get spring greens daily & then depending on what we have they get something else, usually kale, cabbage, brocolli, carrot or some herbs. They don't get fruit very often, normally around once a month.

Mine get veggies every day, too. :) Used to give them all cabbage of a morning and spring green type stuff, sometimes with broccoli... But Barney has a rather sensitive tummy, so he has Romaine lettuce for his breakfast. Then they get their pellets of an evening.

If they're moulting, I give them small cunks of papaya every other day, though, which I believe is a fruit? Doesn't seem to harm them - and the odd old apple from the fruit bowl at the end of a week between the four of them. :lol:

All of ours (7 plus 2 fosters) get veg every evening (as do our 3 piggies). They always have a good variety of things, at least 5 or 6 different things in their bowl - spring greens, cabbage, kale, spinach, rocket, flat leaf parsley, swede, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, cherry tomato, carrot, apple (small amounts) .... they LOVE their greens!! x

i give veg daily and the same type now too... i used to change it weekly to give them a change and stop boredom :oops:

i very rarely give fruit now... they did get a grape each yesterday tho :)

i put banana into the home made cookies and i will use it when i need to panacur again

since ive stuck to a strict veg & non fruit diet even with all the moulting Alvin hasnt shown any signs of stasis so i was probably changing the types of veg too often for his little tummy...

6.30pm is tea time every day for veg and pellets! :D

Some days he gets a "treat" of fruit or a Brussels sprout during the day, depends on what he/we are up to.

Back