• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training.

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Help Pleasee...

My buns - they have got a Kennel Run, a bit like this (http://www.meritgardenproducts.co.uk/images/products/large/DK&R.jpg - but 16ft) at one end they have got a large base of an indor cage full with hay, which they poo in, which is good. Then inside the enclosed part, they poo right in the middle, they won't poo any where else!!

It always gets quite damp and poo-full :lol: I have to replace that part of the kennel half way through the week. Any help on how to get them to poo in the litter tray?

Jack x

Put a second litter tray exactly where they are pooing, put a tiny amount of the poo in that tray. Hopefully they will continue to poo in the new tray, after a while if they do poo in the new tray slowly move in every day by an inch into a position where you are happy for this new tray to go.

Put a second litter tray exactly where they are pooing, put a tiny amount of the poo in that tray. Hopefully they will continue to poo in the new tray, after a while if they do poo in the new tray slowly move in every day by an inch into a position where you are happy for this new tray to go.

Oh Thanks, So if I get a tray and fill it with a small amount of poo that is already there:) Ill try and get hold of one today:D

Jack x

Not sure how you lay out your hutch or how you fill your litter trays but it may be worth considering where things are and how you are doing things.

If I was going to set out a kennel and had rabbits who poo's in a try in the main run area and also in their bedroom. I would ensure that the floors are covered in a cleanable product such as lino. Then put the litter tray in the main area next to a wall with a large hay rack above it. Put some hay in the litter tray. I would keep the rest of the floor clear apart from toys and activities for them and not cover it in bedding of any description. In the bedroom I would do something similiar but provide them with more hay in the tray to keep them warm. That way a quick sweep of the floor each day will hopefully keep the place clean.

Once they have sorted out their litter training then you can introduce mats, vet beds, towels etc if you wanted to.

Back