• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch - what do you think of this?

happypreso

Alpha Buck
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2ft-6in-Hutch...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

I am thinking a little ahead - so this would be for my two blind bun's. It can be made to order so I would order the 6ft one (I am assuming that would be £65 which is cheap!) so I would like to know about the quality - ie is tounge & groove wood okay does anyone know? will it last? and the wire? doesn't say it is fox proof (not that we get foxes I dont think) but is it worth the chance?

If you were on the lookout for a hutch would you buy this?

thanks!

Tongue and groove is best for hutches.

BUT, I personally wouldn't line the pockets of anyone that makes 2ft hutches and says they are suitable for Guinea Pigs or Rabbits and they are totally unsuitable for either.

Thanks, do you (anyone?) know anywhere that makes hutches at a reasonable price then? I am looking for a 6ft one and all the 'premade' ones that places sell seem to be 4ft or 5ft - I dont really want a double storey one as the bun's might find it harder and I can't find anything like this (the ebay one) without spending £300 odd quid!

Have you got room for a shed as this would give the most room and be at a more affordable option?

I would ring Ryedale and ask them to give you a price for one to your sizings - http://www.rehutches.com/singlehutch06.htm

A 'single whopper' is £203 but there's £30 off for ordering over the phone by 31 Jan - the 'single whopper' is 2ft high including legs though so I'd ask them what the internal height is and you may need to get them to increase the height a little depending on the size of your bunnies. These all arrive fully assembled and are superb quality. OK it's probably twice as much as you'd pay for a flatpack but I reckon it's at least twice the quality!

I agree with Lily though - I wouldn't buy a hutch from someone who considers 2ft to be suitable for small bunnies...

Back