• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what veg

spring greens -every day
broccoli -every day
celery -every day
radish -every day
Brussels sprouts
cauliflower
peppers
cucumber
carrot
occasionally tomatoes
occasionally spinach
rarely savoy cabbage

Last edited:
Sophie loves swede!
Charlie loves watercress and rocket,
Autumn goes mad for a carrot
and' the man with no name' well we are getting there, seems to like spinach

I then to get what is on offer / cheap.

so carrots cabbage, broccolli kale sprouts watercress, rocket, coridader, basil, parsley swede (carrot and swede mix if I can get it).

they do like to share an apple or banana between them occasionally too.

What veg can we feed more often? as I am aware of calcium deposits, and would like to avoid if poss.

Mine have:
Kale
Spring greens
Broccolli
Celery
Parsley
Basil
Mint
Corriander
Spinach(occasionally)
Sprouts
Carrots(occasionally)

my love most things - spring greens, kale, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, apples, bananas, herbs - we used to have some growing in the garden!

not so keen on peppers .. thats the only thing I have tried them on and they haven't really eaten!

Edit - forgot the cuecumber - they love that too!

Last edited:
Cucumber
white cabbage
green cabbage
celery
peppers
cauliflower
turnip
carrot
spring greens
kale
tomato

They usually have 4 or 5 out of this list, but they always have cucumber and always white cabbage and a snip of carrot!

1 bun out of 5 will eat parsnip but not sure which out of Harriet & Riley it is!

carrots
cabbage
brussel sprouts
cauliflower leaves
spring greens
apples
bananas [Loppy not Daisy she looks at them in horror!!]
......and half my garden!!:)

Mine get 3-4 options from the list below daily with about 80% of their veg being a leafy green

spring greens
celery
carrot
red bell pepper
parsley
coriander
basil
cucumber
romaine
white/ green cabbage
rocket
dandelions
baby lettuce mixes
herb salad

then sometimes, apple, banana, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, pear

Thanks guys, I just wanted some ideas, and some variation. My buns usually have things like:

Cabage
Carrots/Tops
Basil
Parsley
Apple
Melon
Green Pepper
Celery

Jack x

i give

daily grated carrot, broccoli, kale, savoy cabbage & spring greens

odd treat parsley, dried dandelion, sprouts, cauliflower & romaine lettuce

fruit that deej gets as a treat occasionally:

apple
raisin or 2
grape or 2
banana (he will eat the peel too as I found out last week)!
melon rind
kiwi fruit skins - he loves those!
tiny piece of fresh pineapple (I like it too much myself)
mandarin segment or the skin bits which I hate (don't feed him the pith or peel)
strawberry (he gets the green bits and any fruit stuck to them)!

he likes dandelions and herbs but I must admit I rarely buy herbs. he liked the sunflower plant I grew the other year (I gave him the flower, and leaves).

Every day they have a vegetable platter for their tea of about 3 different veg at a time - mainly leafy greens and a small portion of herbs and root vegetables. Could be any of these - broccoli, cauliflower, spring greens, savoy cabbage, kale, mixed packet salad, wild rocket, parsley, basil, corriander, carrot, parsnip, brussle sprouts, celery, spinach.

And when it starts growing again, they will have a handful of grass and dandelion leaves instead of the leafy greens. And the occasional leafy apple or hawthorn branch which they adore.

Last edited:
Savoy Cabbage.
Spring Greens.
Little bit of carrot.
Mix of watercress, rocket and spinach.

Dandelions when I can get them.
Dock leaves.

Back