• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you use in litter tray?

What do you use in litter tray?

• Shavings

Votes: 12 15.0%
  • Easybed / Cusionbed

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Wood pellets

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Carefresh

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other (please mention :))

Votes: 50 62.5%

• Total voters
For the boys I put newspaper in first and then Straw on one side and lots of hay on the other.
Mind you, some days I don;t know why I bother as they just throw it all out anyway!!:lol::lol:

For Honey, I use newspaper, carefresh (mainly because she's indoors and it prevents odours!) and lots of hay.

I started on newspaper shreded with hay on top, but Princess just ate the paper, so change to wood shavings, but recently was frightened by the fact that dust can get in their lungs and clog them up, considered rabbit safe cat litter, but them chewing it was a factor for me, so ended up on Megazorb, delivery came yesterday, so not sure if I will be changing again yet

i just use newspaper with a little hay to soak up the wee for frosty and linus
big's and carrie have their original indoor cage tray in there NIC set up as litter trays didnt work and thats newspaper and filled with hay
same with doc and beth for which those 4 just wee in one corner of there tray

Megazorb :) The price isn't much more than what you pay for carefresh and you get a huge sack of the stuff :) One sack costs about £8 and lasts me two weeks with four litter trays changes every couple of days and two rat cages changed twice a week x

The wood powder from wood shaving will get into the lungs of the rabbits and the human who breathe the surrounding area. Thus, wood shaving is bad news.

I click Other. I use hotel size towel. As they pee at the corner, the towel gets wet, I then switch the towel to the other side, when that side is also wet, I'll change towel.

I used to use litter tray. The problem is, as they pee, the urine moves around the tray, and some gets in their feet, their fur then get matted.

So towel to me is the best choice, it soaks the urine, and no rabbit can lick on the towel neither.

I line the tray with a couple of sheets of newspaper, then put megazorb in with hay on top. The paper stops all the megazorb from getting stuck to the inside of the tray when it's wet. ;)

I have been using wood pellets since I moved, I used to use Yesterday's News but I can't find it here. I tried megazorb and love it, except....the naughty "Brown Rabbit" loves to dig it all out of the litterboxes and then wee on the floor:roll: So back to wood pellets for him! I like the megazorb because it is easy to scoop out the wet areas and replenish with a fresh scoop making less compost:) I just have to do a major clean once a week.

Back