• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big Thank You To All - Windlesham Rabbit Expo PHOTOS ADDED

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone.

I just wanted to say out loud a very big thank you to all who came to our little rabbity event today in my local village hall.

It was nice to see so many RUers and other bunny friends. (Oldie Bunny, Lizzie, Louise and Gus, Katie7, tjbole, Santa (who won a raffle prize!) and others)

I could certainly not have done it without the help I received.

I want to say a very big thank you to Jill Luvabun who baked some fab goodies and raised over £30 for TRC (The Rabbit Crossing) for fostering and for future rabbit welfare education. Jill never ceases to amaze me with her energy.

Thank you to Cazzap (Caroline) who manned the Raffle and did a grand job getting the tickets organised (not to mention the help settting up and breaking down the event)

Thanks to Nix for doing just about everything!

Thanks to Buuny Friend and her fella Paul who did loads to help out today.

Thanks to the ladies from ARC Donna-arc and Janice JRN1310 who came along and made the place look fab with their fundraising goodies. I believe that ARC benefitted from their efforts by over £100.

I had friends from all sorts of bunny arenas, like Jo, the owner of Little Warrens boarding who also came and did so much, plus her support behind the scenes.

All in all, I am chuffed. We had loads of visitors; local people who we didn't know and who bought at the Hay Experts, took leaflets and information and enquired about adopting.

I just hope we can build on this for the future.

Watch out in the summer for rabbity tea parties with treasure hunts and the like. Plus a Make Mine Chocolate event at easter with THE.

Now I am going to crash and burn!!!!

Helen:D

Last edited:
Santa (who won a raffle prize!)

Whoop whoop! What did I win! :lol:

Many thanks to Jill for the baking - Lou wouldn't leave her alone until she told her the secret recipe for those veggie sausage rolls, they were absolutely delicious!

Thanks for all your hard work putting the event together Helen, it was obviously very successful and will have done a significant amount to educate people on rabbit welfare - as well as raising some funds, hopefully getting some adoptions, and supporting Lisa's excellent Hay Experts business :)

Donna and I have just got home.

It was a good day and I would be happy to participate in another one if required. Hopefully would be a little bit of more help on the day another time.

It was lovely to meet some of the faces I have met before again, many of whom I have bonded buns for in the past, today we also had the pleasure of meeting Lizzie. It was also nice to discover that there are quite a number of people who will be heading up the M1 in a few weeks time to go to Nottingham.

Congratulations! Sounds like a very successful event that was enjoyed by all. And just think of all the buns that are going to benefit from this event. Fantastic!

Brilliant day at Windlesham Rabbit Expo

:wave: Duchess!!! Just want to say a HUGE thank you for this afternoon.

I know how much work is involved in putting together things like this and you all did such a fantastic job.

I had a brilliant time - so lovely to meet other bunny folk and see so much positive rabbit care info out there. (Got caught by Jo Little-Warrens sniffing hay in public - doesn't everyone do that??!!)

Came home with loads of info, yummy free food samples and bulging shopping bags full of goodies for all! Immediately pounced upon by three very nosey (er, read greedy!) buns!! :bunny::rabbit2::bunny:

Four very happy customers!! (Five if you count husband who had a whole afternoon of moan-free Extreme Engineering TV to watch!!)

Am really looking forward to next one. Think you may have started something...fab!

:thumb:

xxx

Sounds like a great day - well done to everyone involved. Just wish I lived closer:(

Do one at yours!!!!!!! :idea:

Where are you in Hampshire? That would be very dooable if it's not far away.

How nice would it be to tour round and talk about rabbits to people.

Have already been asked to do something at the Surrey Heath Show on 2nd May so put that in your diaries all!

Thank you for coming!

Just spotted this thread. It was a brilliant day and a credit to Helen's hard work! Am also going to be harrassing Jill for recipes because her baking was amazing!

Really annoyed I missed it. I work on a Saturday. Run the local Youth Theatre which is attached to my school which is good but means I miss out on events.

Are they always held on Saturdays?

Yes, Erins OH took loads (including some very unflattering ones of me :shock: :oops: :cry:) He has a fab camera and took shots of every area and stall!

I believe it was about 240 shots!!! Haven't seen any yet but they are very high quality photos and large files so not sure if we'll see too many being posted on here. Here's hoping.:D

Really annoyed I missed it. I work on a Saturday. Run the local Youth Theatre which is attached to my school which is good but means I miss out on events.

Are they always held on Saturdays?

It was the first one that I have ever organised so yes so far only on Saturday. :lol::lol:

I want to do another for Easter so I will try and do that on a Sunday so that more folks can come along.

Helen:D

I took some pics just before we opened... they're rubbish quality but you may get the idea (I was waiting to see Pauls professional shots before I embarrassed myself with mine :lol: )

I took some pics just before we opened... they're rubbish quality but you may get the idea (I was waiting to see Pauls professional shots before I embarrassed myself with mine :lol: )

No, go on embarrass yourself Jill. I haven't seen any photos at all yet.

OK... rubbish quality but hopefully you get an idea. These were taken as we were still setting up.

expo002.jpg

Gill the Vets section
expo003.jpg

Hay Experts amazing array of goodies

expo004.jpg

Hutch set up - complete with a bunny family living in it :lol: . This had litter trays, bolts, the works and drew a lot of interest

expo005.jpg

AAAAawwwwh Jill that has made me smile, and laugh - particularly at the bunny tea party in the hutch.

Thank you!!!

Back