• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay......?

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
I went halfers with someone from work on a bale or hay from the farm yesterday!
It is getting stored in the Garage and i filled a black bag full of it to keep indoors! only problem is because it has been outside and come inside it has gotten a little damp :? would i be able to use this if dried out or should i bin it and use the stuff from the garage?

Any help would be great :D:wave:

If it is only slightly damp then should be ok if you dry it out since it is fresh :)
Could you get a fabric bag to store it in? That would let the air circulate and let it dry. Something like a laundry bag would be great :)

just dry it out and use it as the base of your hutch and put the nicer stuff on top what i do with old hay

If it is only slightly damp then should be ok if you dry it out since it is fresh :)
Could you get a fabric bag to store it in? That would let the air circulate and let it dry. Something like a laundry bag would be great :)

Thanks for the help :D:wave:

Was looking for something to store inside and saw this in argos, would it be any good?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ..._12107346|Linen+baskets+and+bags|12107355.htm

Would be able to store some hay in it and refill it when needed so i dont have to run back and forth to the garage :lol:

I use old megazorb sacks to store hay. They look like they're made of plastic, but seem to allow hay to 'breathe' better than bin liners

I have mine in an old single duvet cover, Ive not had the guts to go and get the spare bin at the end of out street yet!

Edit Just looked the the pic, I suppose you could use an old pillow case to do the same job on a day to day basis

Back