• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit & Guinea Pig mystery death

Emerlee

Warren Scout
I have 2 female guinea pigs who live together, and 3 male rabbits that are all brothers that live together. I got home on Wednesday, and my mum said " Don't go outside. "
So I looked at her and asked why, and she said " One of the little bunnies has died. " He was absolutely fine the day before, he just 'dropped dead' :cry:
And today, the same thing happened with my Guinea pig. Gah.... :S Now I have a Guinea Pig living on its own, I feel so sorry for little Fudge. Anybody have any ideas for these 'mystery' deaths?

Rip Izzy & Pipkin :(

How awful, sorry i dont have any idea what it could be, can you have a PM done on them so if their is anything you can maybe help your other rabbits/guineapig if they have it? Im sorry for your loss's :(.
R.I.P little ones xxxx

How awful, sorry i dont have any idea what it could be, can you have a PM done on them so if their is anything you can maybe help your other rabbits/guineapig if they have it? Im sorry for your loss's :(.
R.I.P little ones xxxx

not sure if i could stand the thought of having a PM done of them, gives me the heebie jeebies. thanks xxxx

how old are they ? i would start a worming programme for your buns in case of e.c,you can buy it on vetuk for 3.49 it isnt cheap at the vets or you can get itat p@h, your piggies and bunnies are separate yes

sometimes if they are young they can just give out the weaker ones can sorry for your loss

post mortem!

So sorry to read of your losses:cry:
We lost our lovely male rabbit last Tuesday. :cry:As far as we were aware there was nothing wrong at all with this lovely 3 yr old bunny - he was neutered, vacinated, regularly checked by us and the vet - like yours we just found him dead but his bonded partner is fine. :?

We took both rabbits to the vet immediately and enquired about a post mortem just in case whatever killed him would also affect our girl bun. The vet said that often in these circumstances PMs prove inconclusive so we followed her advice against going through with it. As you can imagine we are super vigilent with Mrs Bit at the present - I think we are getting on her nerves. I guess the next best option to a PM is to do this and be prepared for a vet run at any hour of the day or night!

It would be interesting to hear what other members experiences are of vets advising for or against PMs!

Back