• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why does honey do this??? HELP

louise1

Mama Doe
like to hang her but out of the litter tray and pee all round it grrrrrr:censored: took out the corner litter tray and decided to buy a normal one but noooo honey likes to hang her booty out and pee outside it why do they do this??:censored: is there any way i can stop it??

Last edited:
Yup, some of mine did this so I got them plastic storage boxes. They have higer sides and it works a treat. No random wee since we have been using them.

Its' because the normal litter trays are too small and shallow, as are corner ones. You can use storage boxes, or plastic dog beds. I use dog beds in varying sizes and they are great.

Its' because the normal litter trays are too small and shallow, as are corner ones. You can use storage boxes, or plastic dog beds. I use dog beds in varying sizes and they are great.

its in a nero 4 so cant go any bigger this one has sort of high sides its strange why she doesnt use it.. ive seen lots of people on here with the same ones... maybe it will help when she is neautered

hmmmm... Is there any way you put some sort of pen around her cage and allow her some extra room? Then she can use her nero base as a litter tray? They are the four foot ones aren't they?

hmmmm... Is there any way you put some sort of pen around her cage and allow her some extra room? Then she can use her nero base as a litter tray? They are the four foot ones aren't they?

she get free range all day most days so dont really see the need for a pen if you know what i mean.... think it is 4 foot yeah

mine have taken to doing this as well. they were very goo with their litter tray initally but now there is a lot of peeing out of the box. maybe its cos they're bigger and like someone said don't fit properly now. hmmm

Mine do this too. They put their bums right up against the outside of the run and try to pee outwards. I think it's just for hygene, they don't want to pee in the place where they live.

Back